VGAs 2013 Predictions Thread

#11stawg007Posted 10/8/2013 3:16:19 PM
RussellGorall posted...
bigdaddyjug posted...
Game of the Year will almost certainly be GTA V.

Naughty Dog will announce a new game, but it won't be UC4.

Everything else I either agree with, don't know what you're talking about, or don't care.

Are you saying GTA deserves to be GOTY? The online would disagree with you.

But the single player doesn't
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#12BryanPS360Posted 10/8/2013 3:20:00 PM
GOTY: GTA V

That's all I got.
---
XBGT:ABN THUG 210 PSN: ABNTHUG210
#13StrongBlackVinePosted 10/8/2013 3:25:26 PM
stawg007 posted...
RussellGorall posted...
bigdaddyjug posted...
Game of the Year will almost certainly be GTA V.

Naughty Dog will announce a new game, but it won't be UC4.

Everything else I either agree with, don't know what you're talking about, or don't care.

Are you saying GTA deserves to be GOTY? The online would disagree with you.

But the single player doesn't

Single player sucked too.
#14TheLazyClownPosted 10/8/2013 3:33:14 PM
For those who's for sure GTAV will be GOTY, remember Halo 4, Saints Row the Third and Borderlands 2 weren't nominated and they were the most anticipated games of their years.
---
I am the one who knocks! ~ Walter White
https://www.facebook.com/HipsterDrGero
#15BogePosted 10/8/2013 3:39:36 PM
GTA V will be game of the year. There is no way in Hell they'll give it to anything else. The popularity is too high. It doesn't matter what the better game is, GTA V is taking that award.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#16TheLazyClownPosted 10/8/2013 3:53:21 PM
Boge posted...
GTA V will be game of the year. There is no way in Hell they'll give it to anything else. The popularity is too high. It doesn't matter what the better game is, GTA V is taking that award.

I remember how Halo 4 got GOTY. oh wait.
---
I am the one who knocks! ~ Walter White
https://www.facebook.com/HipsterDrGero
#17MajesticFerretPosted 10/8/2013 6:14:47 PM
Last of Us will crush GTAV. In fact, it already is. A lot of sites are discussing what deserves GOTY and most sites are giving it to LoU already even with GTAV out.

Artsy games that strive to push the genre always win over mainstream generic that was good for what it was.

Quite frankly, Bioshock Infinite would probably win if LoU didn't. GTA almost never wins GOTY due to it being the same thing over and over and it's usually picked by professional reviewer concensus instead of sales and popular vote. The year Spike let popular vote determine any awards was one of the most laughable years for game awards.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#18Kuebel33Posted 10/8/2013 6:39:38 PM
I predict I will watch the Vgas again and then realize I just watched a glorified commercial for a bunch of games and think a lot of games won that shoudnt have just like every year.
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears, Last of Us, Killer is Dead
#19albanianx1Posted 10/8/2013 6:51:35 PM
Quite frankly, Bioshock Infinite would probably win if LoU didn't. GTA almost never wins GOTY due to it being the same thing over and over and it's usually picked by professional reviewer concensus instead of sales and popular vote. The year Spike let popular vote determine any awards was one of the most laughable years for game awards.
It's not the same thing over and over again, they improve with every sequel. However the game doesn't deserve so many 10s with Online being such a complete cluster****. I still think it will win most awards, even though I think TLOU is my game of the generation.. so I may be biased.

Anyways predictions..

- NaughtyDog game unveiled (guessing Uncharted 4)
- SSM new IP unveiled
- The Order 1886 gameplay trailer
- one other unannounced Sony IP (smaller scale)
---
PSN: eaglespirit
#20GalvatronType_RPosted 10/8/2013 7:08:52 PM
My prediction: sad and played out C-list celebs on the show solely to promote pathetic direct to video movies or second rate albums.

Another prediction: said C-list celebs will be given more time on stage than the developers who win awards for their games (they will be reduced to a montage like the famous people's death montage at the Oscars).