VGAs 2013 Predictions Thread

#51RussellGorallPosted 10/9/2013 9:17:06 AM
stawg007 posted...
RussellGorall posted...
bigdaddyjug posted...
Game of the Year will almost certainly be GTA V.

Naughty Dog will announce a new game, but it won't be UC4.

Everything else I either agree with, don't know what you're talking about, or don't care.

Are you saying GTA deserves to be GOTY? The online would disagree with you.

But the single player doesn't

Sometimes public perception/fanboys along with critical response, and I say "critical" meaning gaming critical, tend to flood towards the extreme. Rockstar has always been given the benefit of the doubt.

I just think it is silly to thing of a game where half the game, as advertised, is broken and crippling can even be thought about GOTY. That is the opposite of GOTY. The online isn't "free" with GTA5, it is half or more of the game.
---
GT - CuddlyREDRUM
PSN - honkayjeezus
#52skermacPosted 10/9/2013 9:23:21 AM
Horridhal posted...
My 2 cents:

It won't matter one iota what happens at the VGAs.

Some game will be named GotY and the fade from our memories soon thereafter when the next batch of games comes out.

Sick of seeing gameplay trailers(I'm ready to play, no more vids) so that's a no go for me.

If the VGAs weren't just another photo op for celebs and crap then I might watch. But I don't care whether or not J-Lo is handing out an award or any of th other crap that comes with award shows.

Just remember that no matter what happens there is gonna be a month following them where people say it was rigged or biased and other people say it was truth and fact. Then everyone will forget it and move into the next set of games to play/dissect.

Plus there is more than a few vga shows, each will have a different goty.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#53TheLazyClownPosted 10/9/2013 1:03:42 PM
lostkiwi posted...
TheLazyClown posted...
GOTY Nominees:
The Last of Us
Batman: Arkham Origins
Watch Dogs
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Beyond Two Souls

Uncharted 4 or some Naughty Dog game is definitely going to be announced.

I would definitely replace Beyond Two Souls for GTA5 in that list. As much as I have been anticipating Beyond Two Souls (Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games of all time), it has been receiving very mixed reviews.

I don't have the game yet, but I'm being realistic here.
---
I am the one who knocks! ~ Walter White
https://www.facebook.com/HipsterDrGero