Why is killing kids in video games such a sensitive subject?

#1PangLaPosted 10/8/2013 9:02:58 PM
Movies allow it so why can't video games? Having kids missing in game like GTA is so weird. You can kill innocent people and animals, but not kids? Why?
#2doc1369Posted 10/8/2013 9:05:04 PM
People think NPCs are real people. Sad really...
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#3TheRealPhattyJPosted 10/8/2013 9:25:54 PM
PangLa posted...
Movies allow it so why can't video games? Having kids missing in game like GTA is so weird. You can kill innocent people and animals, but not kids? Why?

according to the esrb that's an instant ao rating. none of the major retailers will carry ao rated games. still wonder why most don't include it?
#4skermacPosted 10/8/2013 9:29:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5MoegittoPosted 10/8/2013 9:38:37 PM
Someone made it to a certain place in Fallout 3...
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#6brisashiPosted 10/8/2013 9:40:21 PM
It can cause seizures.
---
A wizard did it.
Underrated/Overrated: language of the modern internet hipster
#7PorungaPosted 10/8/2013 9:40:44 PM
politicians and soccer moms
#8mrhappyguy12345Posted 10/8/2013 9:49:23 PM
Go watch your own child be born, then raise them and love them. Then you will see why it becomes difficult to see a child being killed, virtual or otherwise. Kids are perceived as innocent as well, whereas when you kill a grown up in a game you can always justify it by saying they deserved it for some reason.
---
I wish someone would resurrect the Shadow Hearts series.
#9IBringItPosted 10/8/2013 9:51:48 PM
There was a recent news story of a guy who kidnapped a woman and ran down people in a stolen car because he wanted to see what it felt like. Can't remember which GTA game he mentioned getting the idea from (IV or V) but crap like that is most likely why. They start allowing a player to kill children in games and you can bet it won't be allowed soon afterwards. Kids are a sensitive subject as it is. I've played through some of the most violent games made available but I wouldn't in anyway support a game that allowed mass killing of children for no real reason other than just to have it in the game.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7fl22md
#10doc1369Posted 10/8/2013 9:53:55 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Go watch your own child be born, then raise them and love them. Then you will see why it becomes difficult to see a child being killed, virtual or otherwise. Kids are perceived as innocent as well, whereas when you kill a grown up in a game you can always justify it by saying they deserved it for some reason.

If you can not tell fantasy from reality you need help. If you not tell a child from a picture you should not have children.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.