Is it worth getting a PS4 with all the flaws it has?

#1Jedi_WraithPosted 10/8/2013 9:29:10 PM
I'm curious about why so many ignore the PS4 flaws

- no backwards compatibility
- mandatory Plus membership
- no good PS4 titles worth getting hyped for
- Can't play imported games

Those were just a few flaws,

Also, why does the PS4 fanbase resort to egging on arguments with PS3 friends because someone isn't hyped for PS4 or not camping outside a game store to be first to get a PS4?

What am I missing? Why ain't I worshipping the PS4?

What is it that makes PS4 fanbase turn on friends for not getting hyped for PS4?

I am not an "exclusive titles fanboy" or "console vs console" war monger, I don't care about "faster than PC speed" and I don't care about graphics.

So why do PS4 fans get so mad at friends who aren't getting a PS4?
---
"If you died from falling off of a high ledge, it was probably your own fault" - Duke Nukem Forever
Sony/PS4 fans are the worst people around.
#2ocelot562Posted 10/8/2013 9:33:17 PM
Sounds like those are questions you should ask your friends.
---
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
W. C. Fields
#3SparkItUpPosted 10/8/2013 9:33:43 PM
Considering the PS4 is region free, why wouldn't it be able to play imported games?
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#4DelRowePosted 10/8/2013 9:33:51 PM
1. Gaikai will serve as a form of backwards compatability.
2. Wrong
3. Purely opinion
4. Wrong
---
You are not in control.
#5METALINGUS5150Posted 10/8/2013 9:34:09 PM
PS4 is region free.
#6xReflectingGodxPosted 10/8/2013 9:34:40 PM
Plus membership isn't mandatory if you don't care about multiplayer.
---
PSN: Spaghetti_Socks
#7XenoMechaPosted 10/8/2013 9:35:21 PM
dumb
---
PSN: Eternius00
#8sw00p_0nePosted 10/8/2013 9:40:02 PM
xReflectingGodx posted...
Plus membership isn't mandatory if you don't care about multiplayer.

Sony said that its a Publisher's choice to enforce PS+ for online gaming. Some publishers have already stated that they won't do it. Sony in itself is not enforcing it on F2P games like DCUO. Just don't expect companies like EA to give freebies.
---
"This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and 16 year old girls are FBI agents."
#9Jedi_Wraith(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 9:50:46 PM
DelRowe posted...
1. Gaikai will serve as a form of backwards compatability.
2. Wrong
3. Purely opinion
4. Wrong

1. You mean Cloud? I was told that wasn't true, besides I'm talking about disc game backwards compatibility.

2. I was told Plus was mandatory yet your PSN Plus games won't carry over to PS4.

3. It might be opinion so far but nothing on the PS4 titles seem worth the hype.

4. I forgot where but I do recall seeing info where PSN may not allow imported games.

ocelot562 posted...
Sounds like those are questions you should ask your friends.

I tried, oh I tried, but, I had a "friend" boot me from Castlevania and then delete over the PS4, I ended up deleting 2 other "friends" but the last PS4 fanboy friend is on borrowed time (he was a good Metal Gear Online buddy so he's worth hanging on to for MGS5),,It never ended well when I asked why they think I'm MS Xboner for not being hyped for something I'm not interested in getting.
---
"If you died from falling off of a high ledge, it was probably your own fault" - Duke Nukem Forever
Sony/PS4 fans are the worst people around.
#10JusSumGuy88Posted 10/8/2013 9:58:10 PM
Seems like the ps4 just isn't for you right now..and your friends are young & immature.. lol. Some of my friends are getting the one..some are getting the ps4..we're all still pretty cool though. if YOU WANT to get a ps4 later on..by all means..do so..if not..then don't. Enjoy what you're enjoying now.