Getting a PS4 without a preorder???!?

#1lugnutALPosted 10/9/2013 6:04:14 AM
So when do you guys think someone will be able to walk into a store and pick up a PS4? I'm sure in store stock will be non-existent during the holidays but I think that by March you might be able to pick one up from the store.
---
The best games are the ones that take u on a adventure you never forget.
#2VT-14Posted 10/9/2013 6:07:16 AM
Sony has said that they are holding back stock from pre-orders to try and keep shelves full(er) these holidays. You may be able to find one just after launch (if not on launch).
---
PSN: VT-14
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
#3jackorhoadsPosted 10/9/2013 6:15:53 AM
TC same every console launch:

-Companies sell out of preorders
-Darn guess I won't get one
-Store gets some in stock
-Rush of customers.

Supply/demand all that jazz. It's all hype (it will sell very well but its all hype), if you want one you'll be able to get one.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#4LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/9/2013 6:32:51 AM
Walmart is ur best bet TC. Open 24 hours amd they over stock like a mother.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#5deathsaber79Posted 10/9/2013 7:28:42 AM
Sony has come out and pretty much directly said:

1. If you didn't preorder now, your NOT getting a launch PS4

2. However, their goal is everyone who wants a PS4, will be able to procure one by Christmas, which they will ensure to happen with frequent shipments and restocking.

Take that for what you will- You didn't see PS2 or the orignal Wii on store shelves until at least the following spring, but while sales will be brisk, I don't think any console at $400 will sell quite as high as those machines did (especially since Wii was only $250)