Anyone getting the games first before the console?

#1GamingNerd2013Posted 10/21/2013 6:45:11 PM
Kinda weird I know, but I'm not planning on buying a PS4 anytime soon. I will, however, buy the games that I want to get and just store them away somewhere in my room for when I do get a PS4. Might try to get one on my bday (March) but if I'm not tempted still, I might just wait until summer or fall of 2014.

I was seriously going to get one this year, but after the whole Watch Dogs setback I changed my mind. It's a good thing though so I have more time to save up.

Have fun gaming guys.
#2TMOGPosted 10/21/2013 6:54:13 PM
Why not wait to get the games so they can drop in price?

Doesn't make sense to spend $60 to buy a game you can't play rather than wait a few months and buy it for less when you CAN play it...
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#3PeteyParkerPosted 10/21/2013 6:55:36 PM
Technically I will since I'm going to Target as soon as they open on my way to work and my PS4 from Amazon won't be arriving until later in the day.
---
"How can.. the Prime minister.. support a law.. that makes it illegal for people.. who....What I'm trying to say is.. Oasis rules!"
#4Bac0n01Posted 10/21/2013 6:57:20 PM
TMOG posted...

Doesn't make sense to spend $60 to buy a game you can't play rather than wait a few months and buy it for less when you CAN play it...

---
Fact: Every single episode of every TV show ever needs more Londo and G'Kar.
# of people who agree:
#5isheltoePosted 10/21/2013 6:59:02 PM
Yes it appears that several of my game perorders such as AC4, BF4, will both arrive on November 12th from Amazon so I'll have to stare at them for three days till I get the PS4.
---
PSN ID: uric Wii Friend Code: 3972 0320 7404 3216
My Setup: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4489&id=100000330706952&l=ccf90365cb
#6SlimeSwayzePosted 10/21/2013 7:01:03 PM
No offense, but if you're not getting the console until March, that's a terrible idea to get the games early. You're just throwing away money. If you wait until 2014 to pick the games up when they're cheaper you'll easily save enough money to buy an additional game.
---
Currently Playing: Fatal Frame and Papers, Please.
#7GamingNerd2013(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:04:04 PM
TMOG posted...

Yeah you do have a point, but I just want to get them asap so I can get those games out of the way. Well, maybe I will wait, but sometimes it's still tempting to get a game even though I won't be able to play it. Just knowing that it's in my hands is pretty exciting haha
#8Gunther482Posted 10/21/2013 7:05:34 PM
GamingNerd2013 posted...
TMOG posted...

Yeah you do have a point, but I just want to get them asap so I can get those games out of the way. Well, maybe I will wait, but sometimes it's still tempting to get a game even though I won't be able to play it. Just knowing that it's in my hands is pretty exciting haha

The games will still be available in March. They aren't going anywhere.
#9GamingNerd2013(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:05:37 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
No offense, but if you're not getting the console until March, that's a terrible idea to get the games early. You're just throwing away money. If you wait until 2014 to pick the games up when they're cheaper you'll easily save enough money to buy an additional game.

I highly doubt after 4 months games will be cheaper. It takes at least 6 months (maybe more) until a price drop occurs.
#10TMOGPosted 10/21/2013 7:25:02 PM
GamingNerd2013 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

I highly doubt after 4 months games will be cheaper. It takes at least 6 months (maybe more) until a price drop occurs.

Not all the time. IIRC Final Fantasy 13 saw its first price drop within three months.
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png