Anyone getting the games first before the console?

#11SlimeSwayzePosted 10/21/2013 10:50:15 PM
GamingNerd2013 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
No offense, but if you're not getting the console until March, that's a terrible idea to get the games early. You're just throwing away money. If you wait until 2014 to pick the games up when they're cheaper you'll easily save enough money to buy an additional game.

I highly doubt after 4 months games will be cheaper. It takes at least 6 months (maybe more) until a price drop occurs.

You may highly doubt it, but I am absolutely certain that you'll be able to get the games for cheaper if you wait. You can almost always find a sale at an online/physical retailer within months, sometimes less, where you can get a game for $40 or less. I highly recommend visiting a site like cheapassgamer.com to check in on deals. Even if MSRPs don't drop, retailers will absolutely be discounting games. If you're waiting until March, I guarantee you that any launch game you want will be available for $30-40 at some point between Jan-March, if not less.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying that you're wasting money if you pay MSRP, especially 3 months after a game releases. If you plan to buy 3 games, for instance, you could easily save anywhere between $50-90 if you just wait instead of buying them full price before you even own the system.
---
Currently Playing: Fatal Frame and Papers, Please.
#12GamersLoftPosted 10/22/2013 12:02:48 AM
I remember buying Smuggler's Run nearly a week before the PS2 launch.

All I could do for days was stare at the disc and smell the instruction manual.

---
#13NeonYoshi11Posted 10/22/2013 12:50:31 AM
Bac0n01 posted...
TMOG posted...
Why not wait to get the games so they can drop in price?

Doesn't make sense to spend $60 to buy a game you can't play rather than wait a few months and buy it for less when you CAN play it...

this..

Most of those games will be $40-50 new within like 4-5 months
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0219-2969-7648
#14yutterhPosted 10/23/2013 12:05:30 AM
I did it for both Xbox's, I bought KoToR (played it on a friends console) and then I did it with Perfect Dark zero (very disappointed in the game) until I was able to afford the xbox 360. but I will not do that for this generation.
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender
#15NeoMonkPosted 10/23/2013 12:07:28 AM
isheltoe posted...
Yes it appears that several of my game perorders such as AC4, BF4, will both arrive on November 12th from Amazon so I'll have to stare at them for three days till I get the PS4.

Same here.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#16earthmaster3Posted 10/23/2013 12:08:57 AM
GamersLoft posted...
I remember buying Smuggler's Run nearly a week before the PS2 launch.

All I could do for days was stare at the disc and smell the instruction manual.

---

I miss instruction manuals :(

Now we have instruction leaflets, or worse, instruction papers
---
http://i.imgur.com/5jxFcH3.jpg
Walk with Goomy, Always
#17StrongBlackVinePosted 10/23/2013 12:23:53 AM
My copy of Assassin's Creed IV will be delivered on November 12th...
#18crazyman32Posted 10/23/2013 2:53:48 AM
Yes.I am getting BF4 and AC IV on November 12th.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#19xninjagrrlPosted 10/23/2013 4:24:16 AM
GamingNerd2013 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
No offense, but if you're not getting the console until March, that's a terrible idea to get the games early. You're just throwing away money. If you wait until 2014 to pick the games up when they're cheaper you'll easily save enough money to buy an additional game.

I highly doubt after 4 months games will be cheaper. It takes at least 6 months (maybe more) until a price drop occurs.

Really? Amazon always has amazing after xmas sales in early Jan. Also, Assassins Creed will be half price or less within 4 months at gamefly. Always is. All of these launch games will be dirt cheap in four or five months.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#20icewolf74Posted 10/23/2013 5:46:35 AM
Yeah, I plan on buying games that interest me until I buy my PS4, TC. Unfortunately, there are very few games that actually interest me. I guess I will get Killzone: Shadow Fall on launch day and then wait until the better games come out like Witcher 3. I plan on getting my PS4 next Fall.