Any one else feel BF4 Premium is a rip-off

#1StrongBlackVinePosted 10/22/2013 2:08:22 PM(edited)
I really want to buy this game, but I just can't justify $50 for a Season Pass. And if you don't buy it you get put at serious disadvantage to those that do buy it because of XP and Battepack bonuses And even if you buy an expansion pack separately they still get a full two weeks to learn the maps inside out before you get it. Just complete BS.
#266_RyderPosted 10/22/2013 2:07:24 PM
You will get 5 expansion packs for $50 plus the extra stuff, this is not a rip off. 5 expansion packs alone would total to $75 and there is more then just maps in the packs. It's a great deal compared to other season passes.
---
PSN: Tha66RydenMFFL
Playstation 4 will be the gamers Facebook
#3StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 2:09:47 PM
66_Ryder posted...
You will get 5 expansion packs for $50 plus the extra stuff, this is not a rip off. 5 expansion packs alone would total to $75 and there is more then just maps in the packs. It's a great deal compared to other season passes.

I fail to see how this is a "great" deal. $30 would be more reasonable. Basically a $110 game.
#4NathanDrakeSwagPosted 10/22/2013 2:09:54 PM
Yes it is. All map packs are overpriced. I'm glad Killzone Shadow Fall has free maps.
#5StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 2:14:22 PM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
Yes it is. All map packs are overpriced. I'm glad Killzone Shadow Fall has free maps.

Glad I am not alone in thinking this. I kind of want BF4, but Premium is gonna make this a no-buy. Killzone will have to be my only shooter until Destiny.
#6jschristyPosted 10/22/2013 2:17:40 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
NathanDrakeSwag posted...

Glad I am not alone in thinking this. I kind of want BF4, but Premium is gonna make this a no-buy. Killzone will have to be my only shooter until Destiny.

Most servers don't even run the dlc maps anyways on bf3, so you'd be fine w/o the packs.
---
SS FC: 1892 3402 3141
#7king_maddenPosted 10/22/2013 2:18:31 PM
For what it has its a good deal. Just because you don't want to pay it doesn't mean it's a bad deal. If you are someone who wanted all maps you would have to pay more, so why isn't this a good deal?
#8XdieXPosted 10/22/2013 2:19:44 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
I really want to buy this game, but I just can't justify $50 for a Season Pass. And if you don't buy it you get put at serious disadvantage to those that do buy it because of XP and Battepack bonuses And even if you buy an expansion pack separately they still get a full two weeks to learn the maps inside out before you get it. Just complete BS.

Wow... DICE expansion packs are top notch. This is an area they do not cheap out on either. It is a very good deal and you dont have to buy it right of the bat you know... Premium content wont kick in for a while, so just save a little here and there and buy it from gamestop or digital.

KZ will charge you later down the road believe me.
---
PSN: I_HATE_EVERYONE1
http://youtu.be/tNW3ItQOd7c <--- haha
#93D3Posted 10/22/2013 2:26:01 PM
BF4 alone is a rip off, doesn't look like a next gen game at all.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#10AngeloDQ6Posted 10/22/2013 2:28:40 PM
Its a deal, for me at least. Even though I'm getting China Rising for free, I'm still going to get Premium. If its like BF3, the stand alone packs are going to be $15 and $15x4=$60 so you're looking at $120 if you don't get premium, plus you won't get the additional bonuses of Premium. I'll take it.
---
No one ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his country. -- General George S Patton; US Army