Any one else feel BF4 Premium is a rip-off

#21king_maddenPosted 10/22/2013 2:23:36 PM
Kollin6618 posted...
If you plan on spending a lot of time playing the game then the $110 really isn't bad at all. Put in 110 hours and that's a $1 an hour. Better than paying $10 to see a 2 hour movie.

not really the same, part of a movies quality isnt judged by its length. mainly because they are all around the same length. its more about the experience of it.

when you watch a movie do you say "wow that was a great A+ movie but it was only 2 hours long, so im going to rate it just a B"?
#22StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 2:24:04 PM
krillens posted...
well i have bf3 premium and i think it is well worth it.

each expansion isnt a "mappack"

it includes new weapons

new skins

new modes (probably the most important addition here...)

new vehicles

even in one case... of the top of my head... better graphics/effects (close combat introduced more something called "high-def" destruction. i might be getting the name wrong)

it also gave me beta access to BF4

How many hours did you put into BF4?
#23krillensPosted 10/22/2013 2:37:40 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
krillens posted...
well i have bf3 premium and i think it is well worth it.

each expansion isnt a "mappack"

it includes new weapons

new skins

new modes (probably the most important addition here...)

new vehicles

even in one case... of the top of my head... better graphics/effects (close combat introduced more something called "high-def" destruction. i might be getting the name wrong)

it also gave me beta access to BF4

How many hours did you put into BF4?

---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD
#24ghosterdsPosted 10/22/2013 2:43:00 PM
ghosterds posted...
i don't see why anybody wouldn't wait until the second expansion pack comes out to see if premium is worth it or not I could care less about double xp and battlepacks because that stuff is just gimmick crap on top of the expansion packs

lets see how the game feels and looks first and as far as killzone is concerned ive seen the multiplayer footage and as bad as the bf3 footage looked it still had way more things to do than killzone

Who care about way more things to do if the things you are doing are fun? Less options doesn't stop COD from kicking Battlefield's ass every time they go head to head. It's like people who talk about how many mediocre things GTA5 does...give me The Last Of Us over a game filled with garbage mini-games.

so you prefer playing a game and not getting your moneys worth??

gta is the type of game you can play and play and play and you don't even care about beating it because its way more fun playing the multiplayer and putting sticking bombs on some real persons car in the game and blowing them up

stick with CoD kid youll suck at bf4 any way because if the game is legit any where close to bfbc2 then 50 bucks more is nothing because ill get my moneys worth playing it for 2 years on and off
#25SoincMetalPosted 10/22/2013 2:43:22 PM
People saying They won't show PS4 footage is because for some reason its gettin all the attention on X1. PS4 is showing CoD for some odd reason when all content goes to MS first. Odd I know.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#26googlerPosted 10/22/2013 2:46:38 PM
I really want to buy this game, but I just can't justify $50 for a Season Pass. And if you don't buy it you get put at serious disadvantage to those that do buy it because of XP and Battepack bonuses And even if you buy an expansion pack separately they still get a full two weeks to learn the maps inside out before you get it. Just complete BS.

what exactly are you complaining about because you trailed off. First you're complaining about how its too expensive to justify buying but then you're complaining about how its unfair they got something you don't because you don't want to pony up
#27chiefofsb78Posted 10/22/2013 2:47:13 PM
3D3 posted...
BF4 alone is a rip off, doesn't look like a next gen game at all.

Because it's a FPS that's why
---
killerinstinctonline
#28StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 2:51:10 PM
ghosterds posted...
ghosterds posted...
i don't see why anybody wouldn't wait until the second expansion pack comes out to see if premium is worth it or not I could care less about double xp and battlepacks because that stuff is just gimmick crap on top of the expansion packs

lets see how the game feels and looks first and as far as killzone is concerned ive seen the multiplayer footage and as bad as the bf3 footage looked it still had way more things to do than killzone

Who care about way more things to do if the things you are doing are fun? Less options doesn't stop COD from kicking Battlefield's ass every time they go head to head. It's like people who talk about how many mediocre things GTA5 does...give me The Last Of Us over a game filled with garbage mini-games.

so you prefer playing a game and not getting your moneys worth??

gta is the type of game you can play and play and play and you don't even care about beating it because its way more fun playing the multiplayer and putting sticking bombs on some real persons car in the game and blowing them up

stick with CoD kid youll suck at bf4 any way because if the game is legit any where close to bfbc2 then 50 bucks more is nothing because ill get my moneys worth playing it for 2 years on and off

I have never played COD and it has a more expensive rip-off Season Pass than BF4 does.
#29StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 2:52:23 PM
chiefofsb78 posted...
3D3 posted...

Killzone Shadow is a FPS and it is the best looking next-gen game so far.
#30StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 2:55:35 PM
chiefofsb78 posted...
3D3 posted...

Killzone Shadow is a FPS and it is the best looking next-gen game so far.