PS4 FAQs V3

#31GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 5:37:36 PMmessage detail(edited)
A_Man3383358553 posted...
I already have a PS3, but I don't have the money or the means to own both a PS4 and a PS3.
The excerpt I just quoted from your post, says the PS4 will be able to play PS3, PS2, and PS1 games via Gaikai... so which is it? and can I get a source?

Pre-edit this was correct. You will be able to play PS3 games via Gaikai.
This is what you quoted:

GuitaristMatt posted...
Gaikai [FE1]
Gaikai has been integrated into the playstation hardware and software to help reduce the time you are waiting to play games. With the new store system you will be able to download part of the game and Gaikai will slowly stream the rest of the game to you eventually having the full game downloaded to your hard drive. Basically Gaikai reduces the wall between you and digital games.

Gaikai is also a game streaming service that Sony is hoping to use to stream PS3 games to the PS4. Because the Gaikai servers will be calculating everything, this is an online only service much like Netflix.

Cloud Service available in 2014. Allows PS3 BC.

Notice that it says that it is an online service only, and it only says PS3 games. The top paragraph only applies to the store.
Your source:
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/10/playstation-cloud-service-launches-in-2014-will-stream-ps3-game/
Definition of cloud streaming:
http://www2.technologyreview.com/article/423689/cloud-streaming/

edit: I recommend you wait until you have money for a PS4, but you're mature enough to handle yourself financially.
---
Question about the PS4? Check here vvv
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#32A_Man3383358553Posted 10/28/2013 5:51:38 PMmessage detail
GuitaristMatt posted...
The top paragraph only applies to the store.

Ahhh, yeah that clears things up a bit.
That's a bummer. I'll have to look a lot more into this whole thing, maybe wait for more information or a full list of games that will be available.

Thanks for the help and for the source.
#33GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 10:56:45 AMmessage detail(edited)
Well this puts my FAQ to shame.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

I'm pointing this out mainly for me, but here is what's new:
-No external hard drive
-Interesting note on 4k, they aren't saying no anymore
-You can still apply USB updates
-DVD/Blu Ray requires online check just like PSP/PS3 (one-time only)
-no renaming accounts confirmed
-sub accounts still available
-no BC for PS1 games (hmmm)
-cross buy still applies, so bought a game for psvita (ex. sound shapes) it'll work on ps4/ps3 no need to repurchase upon release on ps4
-$10 upgrade only applies to ghosts ac4 and battlefield 4
-suspend/resume across different games unavailable at launch
-Sony is confident that you won't see very many online passes if any
-User content only available while logged in (when not on a primary console)
-Only one user can make use of the auto-sync features
-Controller battery life same as DS3
-light bar can not be switched off (it's got a dimmer on it though so it won't reflect source: teardown)
-chat audio or all audio available through headset
-8 users for cross-game chat
-Voice messages limited to 15 seconds
-sixaxis improved
-DS4 more immersive rumble... um... k
-controller has 'less' latency than DS3
-Playstation trolling NA with Magma Red and Wave Blue controllers
-Blutooth non USB headsets commercially available now are not supported (remember this post is 10/30/13 if you see this later)
-Bluetooth and USB keyboards confirmed / Mice is a no unless the game supports it
-Most USB headsets supported after system software 1.50
-Octodad and Sports Fiends (friends?) use playstation move
-PS3 bluray remote not supported (don't worry you can already by a cheap PS4 version)
-Login with facial recognition detailed
-Sony likes to troll Americans (USA) in their North American FAQ
-remote play works outside of home wifi (not recommended for best experience)
-confirmed gaikai software for game streaming via remote play
-psvita shared party/chat system
-Remote start can be found in power settings
-Remote Play unavailable via 3G
-Plus sharing only on primary systems
-16 local accounts supported and numerous guest accounts (up to 4 but technically unlimited)
-PS4 cloud game saves limited to 1GB still (obviously can change like PS3)
-Flower and Escape Plan confirmed launch titles
-Resogun and Contrast are the PS+ games on launch
-Automatic Trophy Sync and System Software/ Game Patch Downloads now free
-No new web browser info, just confirmed
-Game trials will never be available for PSVita (interesting bit of info there)
-Parental controls do not restrict time played on PS4
-PlayGo (apparently now PlayAsYouDownload) data varies by title
-Primary console and sub consoles detailed
-Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited only at launch
-No MP3 support
-No Music Visualizer (music player)
-Music Unlimited is the only audio service playable in the background
-Youtube streaming not available on launch (share button stuff)
-Video editing is limited to trimming.
-Video sharing available through Facebook, Twitch TV, Ustream
-Archiving not available via Ustream
-lastly GBN for wifi, rejoice (though says nothing about WPA-enterprise, and that crap worries me)

Thanks for checking in :)

ooo guys listen here, a detail I scooped up: blutooth pair your controller on PC via button combo hold (PS + Share) while search is enabled on PC.

lol big update, 171 characters left in post.
---
#34RaveniPosted 10/30/2013 10:22:29 AMmessage detail
GuitaristMatt posted...

Raveni posted...
So, will the PS4 do all of the other media stuff that PS3 does? For example, playing Blu-ray movies and streaming movies over local Wi-Fi.

I'm doing some research for you, but your post could be taken several different ways.

Unfortunately, the official FAQ you just posted answered my question. No media streaming or DNLA support for media servers. No Blu-ray movies out of the box.
---
I have nothing funny to say here.
#35GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 10:53:15 AMmessage detail
Raveni posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...

Raveni posted...
So, will the PS4 do all of the other media stuff that PS3 does? For example, playing Blu-ray movies and streaming movies over local Wi-Fi.

I'm doing some research for you, but your post could be taken several different ways.

Unfortunately, the official FAQ you just posted answered my question. No media streaming or DNLA support for media servers. No Blu-ray movies out of the box.

Yeah I just posted a big update on the changes I need to make. The no BR Movies is for the same reason you couldn't play MP3s out of the box on PSP. There are definitely some sad confirmations, hopeful ones, and happy ones in this latest update.
---
#36A_Man3383358553Posted 10/30/2013 4:53:23 PMmessage detail
No MP3 playing? what the absolute f***
#37RussellGorallPosted 10/30/2013 4:58:01 PMmessage detail
Insert no MP3 or other music support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#38GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 5:02:00 PMmessage detail
RussellGorall posted...
Insert no MP3 or other music support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... read all of the comments
---
#39richierhPosted 11/3/2013 3:45:56 PMmessage detail
I'm just a lil baffle that Sony would exclude mp3s, bluetooth support especially with products they have lined up for PS3 that came out within the last 6 months. As for the PS3 remote, come on.. you aren't serious that won't worth with PS4.

I'm sure all the PSN purchases are going to be transferable to PS4 in due time but the lil things are reminding me of the launch of PS3.

Is Sony ahead or playing catch up here as there are only 3 games worth getting at launch.

COD, BF4 and AC:BF at the moment.
#40GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:21:26 PMmessage detail
I'm just a lil baffle that Sony would exclude mp3s, bluetooth support especially with products they have lined up for PS3 that came out within the last 6 months. As for the PS3 remote, come on.. you aren't serious that won't worth with PS4.

There are plenty of BR remotes specific to the PS4 that will work. The reason it doesn't work is because it was a controller, like a fight stick, or the DS3. We'll see what they do with updating that sort of thing. Pretty much everything that people have complained about, Sony has done their best to get it fixed. Even the whole Arabic keyboard thing. Sony has already expressed that they are sorry that the bluetooth headsets don't yet work, but they were able to get the USB ones to work on launch.

I'm sure all the PSN purchases are going to be transferable to PS4 in due time but the lil things are reminding me of the launch of PS3.

It is a whole new architecture, and the PSN for PS3 will last as long as PSN is around. I understand this frustration though. PS2 and PS3 both had BC.

Is Sony ahead or playing catch up here as there are only 3 games worth getting at launch.

There are 32 games to get so far, that are all great in their own way.

COD, BF4 and AC:BF at the moment.

oh
---