Amazon Pre Orders for Launch Edition to ship with TWO controllers

#1OPD188Posted 10/26/2013 5:40:00 AM
Saw on another board that people were actually getting confirmation from Amazon that their launch day edition PS4's are going to ship with two DS4 controllers. People are getting confirmation through either emails or in my case, I went on live chat and received confirmation that I will get two.

Mind you, this is not the bundle, simply the Launch Edition PS4. I had no idea I would get two. This was apparently an oversight by Amazon and was taken down rather quickly so unless you ordered on or near June 11th you may not get one.

One way to check before emailing or going on live chat is to go to Amazon and click on your order#. If a pic comes up showing the PS4 and two controllers then you should get two controllers. Then email or go to live chat to confirm.
#2DaMan1900Posted 10/26/2013 5:45:28 AM
when i click on it, it takes me to DS4 launch bundle am i getting a free controller? i ordered on june 10th.
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#3OPD188(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 5:48:50 AM
Sounds like you will but go ahead and contact them for confirmation. I had them send me an email transcript of out chat session so if I don't get two then I have proof that they told me I would. Amazon is pretty good at honoring screw ups.
#4mrhappyguy12345Posted 10/26/2013 5:49:28 AM
DaMan1900 posted...
when i click on it, it takes me to DS4 launch bundle am i getting a free controller? i ordered on june 10th.

Same here. I think TC is full of it. Pics or it never happened!
---
I Drink Your Milkshake! Sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp!
#5OPD188(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 5:51:13 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
DaMan1900 posted...

Instead of calling me out why don't you just go to the live chat or email them and see.
#6VT-14Posted 10/26/2013 5:54:59 AM
I ordered sometime in August. I haven't gotten an email. My original order was for the Standard Edition because the Launch Edition was sold out when I initially ordered. 3 days after ordering, I got an email stating that I had been upgraded to the Launch Edition.

I clicked on my order and it took me to the PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Launch Edition page (The one with 2 controllers in the image).

I haven't confirmed with Amazon yet, but it looks like I'll be getting a second DS4; cool.
---
PSN: VT-14
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
#7OPD188(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 5:55:27 AM
Here's my chat transcript.

Hello,

Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question: Do I get two PS4 controllers with my Launch Edition PS4?
01:58 AM(GMT) Jayanth Avinash(CSA): Hello.
My name is Jayanth. I'll be happy to help you.
Can I place you on hold for 2 or 3 minutes while I check that for you?
01:59 AM(GMT) Me: Yes
01:59 AM(GMT) Jayanth Avinash(CSA): Thanks for waiting. I checked and confirmed that this product will come with 2 Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controllers.
02:00 AM(GMT) Me: Thank you, knowing this will help!

Thank you.
Amazon.com

This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.
#8mrhappyguy12345Posted 10/26/2013 5:55:50 AM
OPD188 posted...
DaMan1900 posted...

Instead of calling me out why don't you just go to the live chat or email them and see.

Never!

Mine shows the Launch Edition with 1 DS4. If I get an extra controller I would rather it be a surprise.
---
#9mrhappyguy12345Posted 10/26/2013 6:02:53 AM
VT-14 posted...
I ordered sometime in August. I haven't gotten an email. My original order was for the Standard Edition because the Launch Edition was sold out when I initially ordered. 3 days after ordering, I got an email stating that I had been upgraded to the Launch Edition.

I clicked on my order and it took me to the PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Launch Edition page (The one with 2 controllers in the image).

I haven't confirmed with Amazon yet, but it looks like I'll be getting a second DS4; cool.

Try clicking the order number. For me it takes to the Launch PS4 with 1 DS4. When I click "PlayStation 4: Launch Edition" it takes me to a different SKU, this...DS4 Bundle.
---
#10VT-14Posted 10/26/2013 6:20:03 AM
VT-14 posted...

Try clicking the order number. For me it takes to the Launch PS4 with 1 DS4. When I click "PlayStation 4: Launch Edition" it takes me to a different SKU, this...DS4 Bundle.

I just got back from contacting Amazon. I'm getting 2 controllers.
---
PSN: VT-14
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett