Amazon Pre Orders for Launch Edition to ship with TWO controllers

#351youngskillzPosted 10/28/2013 1:48:50 AM
just got off another chat, it is apparently a mistake, but i was assured i would get a refund/credit for the second controlller if i don't recieve it.

he just said the chat/email transcript will be proof enough.

good enough for me.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Moshquito, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#352game freakozoidPosted 10/28/2013 2:52:02 AM
Just contact Amazon on two separate occasions, both times said I would get two controllers. Asked them to double check as originally it was only one and they both said that I had been upgraded to two controllers. I just had the regular launch edition without any special bundles.
#353xninjagrrlPosted 10/28/2013 4:29:23 AM
Well, Amazon sure put me in my place. According to my rep, you only get the second controller if you ordered the Launch Bundle. The Launch Edition, only comes with one. And the reps are clueless so they use these terms interchangeably. She told me I was getting the DS4 Launch Bundle then turned around and said I ordered the Launch Edition. So um what now lol. When I open up my invoice and click the link I get sent to the page for the Bundle with the pic of two controllers. Who knows what's going on with this, seems hit or miss. Not holding my breath.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#354pasinpmanPosted 10/28/2013 5:18:30 AM
Well the rep I just talked to pretty much shot me down and told me what seems like it would likely be the correct information. Basically, if you ordered the Launch Edition ($399) you are not getting an extra controller. The link in your order page just takes you to the DS4 Launch Bundle by default.

"According to our website, the DS4 Launch Bundle version includes 2 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controllers and the Launch Edition comes with one controller "

"Yes, that is usually the version that the website selects by default when we click on that link
But I can confirm that you ordered the PlayStation 4: Launch Edition"

I think what has been happening here is that CS reps just go to the default page when they check your order and see 2 controllers listed as being in the box. They probably think they are giving you the correct information.
---
PSN/Steam: pasinpman
#355game freakozoidPosted 10/28/2013 5:39:55 AM
I think most people here realize it is a mistake but are going to take advantage of the fact that the reps told them that they are getting two controllers. My rep specifically looked at my order number and said I was getting two and then confirmed it when I asked again. Amazon is usually pretty good at honoring a deal if the rep does tell you something.
#356DMBHovDogPosted 10/28/2013 6:20:05 AM
I joined the dark side and emailed Amazon

"Comments:Hello,
I pre-ordered a PS4 Launch Edition in June and with less than 3 weeks left until arrival, I was curious as to what is included in my purchase."

Their response email

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.com.

I've checked our website and confirm that the below parts are included in the box:

-PlayStation 4 System (Jet Black)
-2 DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controllers
-HDMI Cable
-Power Cable
-Wired Mono Headset
-USB Charging Cable"
#357chitowngamer85Posted 10/28/2013 6:49:35 AM
DMBHovDog posted...

I pre-ordered a PS4 Launch Edition in June and with less than 3 weeks left until arrival, I was curious as to what is included in my purchase."

Their response email

"Hello,

I've checked our website and confirm that the below parts are included in the box:

-HDMI Cable
-Power Cable
-Wired Mono Headset
-USB Charging Cable"

You guys are in for a rude awakening in a few weeks if you actually think you're getting 2 DS4s. just because a CSR says youll get two doesnt mean you will. The DS4 bundle cost $450. The launch edition aka what you actually bought costs $400. You're only getting 1 controller with that. Period.
#358BladescorpionPosted 10/28/2013 7:31:33 AM
Elimin8erX posted...
I just checked my order too. When I clicked on Launch Edition, it took me to the dual shock 4 LE too. But I noticed that it does NOT have the little notification at the top of the page saying when I ordered (the normal LE one does though, which was June 11).

If it is true that we get a free DS4 with our LE that would be pretty cool, but I have my doubts.

Same. I just emailed them about it.
---
Forgive spelling issues.
#359DMBHovDogPosted 10/28/2013 7:57:05 AM
chitowngamer85 posted...
DMBHovDog posted...

Their response email

"Hello,

-HDMI Cable
-Power Cable
-Wired Mono Headset
-USB Charging Cable"

You guys are in for a rude awakening in a few weeks if you actually think you're getting 2 DS4s. just because a CSR says youll get two doesnt mean you will. The DS4 bundle cost $450. The launch edition aka what you actually bought costs $400. You're only getting 1 controller with that. Period.

All well and good, but if we have it in writing we can get something...customer is ALWAYS right, you just gotta not take no for an answer

Worth a shot IMHO
I'd be annoyed to find out people foot hooked up and I was too proud to do so myself
#360MysticRacer408Posted 10/28/2013 8:00:32 AM
Can anyone copy and paste the e-mail or chat transcript they used to get one? I want to try myself.