The biggest Xbox One advantage over PS4? Thoughts?

#1Artemis_FeiPosted 10/28/2013 6:46:03 AM
Just to preface, I've already preordered my PS4, so I'm just looking at this objectively.

For me, I think it would be the Snap feature that Xbox has. Just saw a UI concept video about it, and while probably cut by marketing, the feature itself seems pretty cool.

Having an HDMI In probably makes the whole TV Input switching seamless.

Other than that, can the PS4 multitask on the same level? I like the idea of playing a game, switching to a browser to YouTube or something, or being able to answer a chat message or something all seamlessly. I did see a concept video, but I guess we'll have to wait for release to see it in actual action.

And if I get the PS4 Camera, I'm sure Skype or something will be an option. That'd be cool.
---
CEnco De Mayo. [Proud Participant]
Epic. [1:23]
#2JohnHitman47Posted 10/28/2013 6:52:25 AM
The only real advantage its the servers nothing more.
---
Love good shooters.
#3SneakiestNegPosted 10/28/2013 6:54:05 AM
I just want a game console. Already have a tv, phone, laptop and cable. One advantage MS has is money. Query: all the apps that xbox has are also available on the ps4 right?
#4cruelbirdPosted 10/28/2013 6:57:01 AM
OP, I think Skype is owned by MS so we may not see that on PS4. I hope Sony comes up with something similar though.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#5ScreamingMidgetPosted 10/28/2013 6:57:47 AM
For there to be a "biggest" advantage the Xbone would first have to have an advantage at all...
#6Artemis_Fei(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 7:01:24 AM
cruelbird posted...
OP, I think Skype is owned by MS so we may not see that on PS4. I hope Sony comes up with something similar though.

Huh. Good point. My Vita has Skype though. So couldn't the PS4 follow precedent?
---
CEnco De Mayo. [Proud Participant]
Epic. [1:23]
#7Demon_AckerPosted 10/28/2013 7:03:15 AM
Snap feature, better camera and better online features is all I can think of right now.
#8HorridhalPosted 10/28/2013 7:03:36 AM
I'd say the advantages are extremely limited. I personally don't view the hdmi pass through to be an advantage. I can hit input on my remote and accomplish the same thing.

I am planning to buy an xbox one for my dad however. He lost his vision a few years ago(no eyeballs at all) and I believe the voice control will work wonderfully for him. But for anyone sighted, a controller is more responsive.

Also, from the vids I've seen the ps will be pretty seamless as far as all the UI you were mentioning. Search a few vids on YouTube and you can see a couple of them using the new interface.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#9cruelbirdPosted 10/28/2013 7:03:50 AM
Artemis_Fei posted...
cruelbird posted...

Huh. Good point. My Vita has Skype though. So couldn't the PS4 follow precedent?

Yeah, that's true. I don't know how those deals work.
---
#10cruelbirdPosted 10/28/2013 7:05:30 AM
Demon_Acker posted...
Snap feature, better camera and better online features is all I can think of right now.

These and Dead Rising 3 are pretty much the only reasons I'm leaning One over PS4. I'll get both eventually.
---