The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

The PS4 Slim will probably remove DVD playback capability

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The PS4 Slim will probably remove DVD playback capability
2 years ago#1
Calling it now.

Yeah we know guys, by that time it will be, "Who watches DVDs anymore? Not me! This doesn't affect me. I have all the other s*** Sony sold me in the past to play DVDs anyway."
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House
2 years ago#2
I'd plan on Xbox doing that before playstation. They are more into going all digital.
---
PSN: Kamina51787
TvC: UAS FC: 4125-6404-1688 (username: Kamina)
2 years ago#3
If we use the logic that the nutcases do about the One DRM, then Sony will remove DVD playback simply because they add it with the Day 1 Patch.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
2 years ago#4
Come on, that's stupid. That feature has been there since consoles have had DVD drives!

That's like saying they're suddenly going to start ripping out features that even the PS1 had like audio CD playback.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
2 years ago#5
Ch3wy posted...
Come on, that's stupid. That feature has been there since consoles have had DVD drives!

That's like saying they're suddenly going to start ripping out features that even the PS1 had like audio CD playback.

Genius, you deserve a golden star.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
2 years ago#6
Ch3wy posted...

Except if I recall, sony themselves have confirmed there will be no CD playback.
2 years ago#7
blue_man posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Except if I recall, sony themselves have confirmed there will be no CD playback.

lol that was the point. its called sarcasm.
(message deleted)
2 years ago#9
Seriously, when was the last time you actually put a disc in a drive instead of streaming from some source? Last time I even touched a dvd was several years ago.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
2 years ago#10
If it ends up alllowing them to create a cheaper laser it's certainly possible.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. The PS4 Slim will probably remove DVD playback capability

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived