Sony completely ruined the PS4 launch and might even go bankrupt like Nintendo

#1badddadPosted 10/31/2013 10:31:38 AM
I was originally euphoric about getting the PS4. Now, with these PS4 FAQs answered, Iím finding myself more and more put off the idea of upgrading systems. Too many clauses have put me off.

1. I am already a PS+ member but feel annoyed that I MUST be a member to play online. I know the benefits of PS+ but Ďpay to playí online? Itís all a bit XBOX for my liking.

2. NO CD or MP3 support. Poor. As mentioned by others here, itís all a bit transparent how youíre forcing people into a MU membership.

3. Only allowing sharing video on Facebook? Do I want all my Facebook contacts to see my videos? No. YouTube, thatís fine because only people looking for PS videos will see them.

4. Sonyís monetary exchange rates! System launch price: $399 or £349!! Games prices: $60 or £60!! Even allowing for sales tax this doesnít add up.

So, Iím going to leave it for a (LONG) while sticking with my trusty PS3 and see what happens. Good luck Sony. Youíll need it. I suspect you may be losing quite a few loyal customers with these Ďdubiousí choices.
---
You learn by doing, and by falling over.
#2pokemon_45_79_1Posted 10/31/2013 10:33:02 AM
Nothing to see here move along people, its another topic that doesn't contribute anything to this board.
---
Sora / Ryoma / Naruto / Ginta / Netto / luffy
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#3KenauePosted 10/31/2013 10:34:02 AM
Troll thread. Easy to spot. Nintendo isn't anywhere CLOSE to being bankrupt.
---
Now Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn; Next Up: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
PSN: Lord_CBH
#4Demon_AckerPosted 10/31/2013 10:35:28 AM
The topic title is enough to completely disregard your OP.
#5badddad(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 10:36:38 AM
The fanboys butthurt when you slapped the truth their way.
---
#6KenauePosted 10/31/2013 10:37:56 AM
badddad posted...

The only truth is that your topic is a lie, new user.
---
Now Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn; Next Up: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
PSN: Lord_CBH
#7heatedheavyPosted 10/31/2013 10:39:06 AM
Both are lackluster. No real innovation.
---
PSN Heated420Heavy
360GT Heated420Heavy
#8pokemon_45_79_1Posted 10/31/2013 10:41:21 AM(edited)
How do you really know tc you really believe the main stream media here, also do you understand how business actually works.

Also it isn't the truth its a complaint that does nothing to the board.

Its a new user who created this account 4 days ago, I really wish Gfaqs would ban all uses and have everyone use there original one no more alts, and if you are suspended you can't create another one, boards would be a much better place and Gfaqs wouldn't be the pit it is compared to the other message boards.
---
Sora / Ryoma / Naruto / Ginta / Netto / luffy
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#9hrjPosted 10/31/2013 10:44:39 AM
badddad posted...

Yes THEY are clearly the fanboys here.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#10badddad(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 10:44:43 AM
Sony was touting how open and easy their system is. And how well they listen and respond. Well, we know they have at least heard the complaints. As to whether they make an announcement to have the features in question in a future patch, we will have to wait.

No MP3 support?
No DLNA support?
No External Hard Drive support?
No audio CD support?

At the very least support is needed for DLNA and MP3, with external drives following closely. Audio CDís can be ripped onto a USB, or get this, streamed from my own computer/NAS if they supported DLNA. Currently, it feels like Sony wants to close their system just like Apple.

Sony should have known with all the positive support they had when they supported no DRM, easily trade or resell your games, no required internet, etc. that continuing such a trend should have been obvious. Taking features away is not the answer.
---