Are you happy that Sony is charging for online play?

#131king_maddenPosted 11/2/2013 7:06:13 PM
Jinzo 111887 posted...
king_madden posted...
1.) I'm going to go out on a limb and say this random user on gamefaqs has no clue what Sony needs or what they plan to do with the money this will bring in.

2.)everything you said is assumption. But this is just a case of "I'm mad so you should be sheep and be mad with me". Online pass and plus isn't the same.

3.)Everything offends gamers because they cry and whine about everything, no matter what a company does people will complain about it and then justify it. If companies listened to every complaint they would've all been out of business by now.

4.) And the vast majority who buys used games do so to save money, some will claim it to be some kind of false justice. "I'm going to enjoy their game but I don't want them to get anything for their work because they don't do what I like".
1.) None of us do. You'd have to trust them. Thing is, I have a hard time trusting them because of certain things that happened during this gen.

2.) True, but they do have similarities. Both are a fee to play online, only thing is that the PS4+ paywall needs to be paid annually. If the promos don't appeal to you, it's just online pass 2.0 with no discrimination against new or preowned game buyers.

3.) A rule companies should follow when making questionable choices is to ask themselves if they'd be proud to tell their mothers what they did. If not, they should not do it. That being said, I wouldn't be proud to tell my mother "I just increased company profits by charging for something that we originally offered for free." I wonder if EA and Microsoft thought that through when they declared war on the First Sale Doctrine.

4.) Yes, but that doesn't mean their won't be people who do it out of spite, switch to gaming on Steam/Wii U, or go preowned and use the difference to fund Sony's online paywall. Sony may lose some sales because of those things.

1.) how about we just wait and see before throwing out negative assumptions and assuming the worse?

2.) the only similarity is paying for some online. One gives you more for as little as $30-$40, for an entire year, the other charged per game. You buy 3-5 used games and online that's a year right of plus. Either way this point is irrelevant.

3.) then you would be lying to your mother. This isn't the same exact service that was free. keep in mind all the New streaming services, sharing, more servers, more content all going through Sony or a service they provide. This would be more like telling your mom "we decided to offer more services to our consumers, but to help offset some of this cost we're going to charge for some online play, not all while still keeping it an optional service that provides bonuses". "which not to mention is still more than our competitor provides". Plus a mother of a company head is more likely to tell her son to do what he has to do to stay ahead.

4.) again gamers will find any reason to do something out of spite, regardless of what you do. Even if online would've stayed free I guarantee you some would complain "aw it's still free, which means it's going to suck like the ps3".
#132HorridhalPosted 11/2/2013 7:59:24 PM
Happy? No.
Understanding? Definitely.

Look, I got free online play this entire gen when everyone with an Xbox had to pay for it. Most basic services will still be available without plus(netflix, etc). I'm also cool with it still costing 10$ less than live for the yearly.

So, don't care.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#133DrRockso87Posted 11/2/2013 8:08:07 PM
Doesn't affect me anyway since I subscrbe to PlayStation Plus already and don't plan on canceling anytime soon so I'm set for PS4.

However, if it means more money to add toward better servers, better software, better hardware, etc. then I'm happy definitely.
#134Jinzo 111887Posted 11/2/2013 8:25:19 PM
king_madden posted...
1.) the only similarity is paying for some online. One gives you more for as little as $30-$40, for an entire year, the other charged per game. You buy 3-5 used games and online that's a year right of plus. Either way this point is irrelevant.

2.) then you would be lying to your mother. This isn't the same exact service that was free. keep in mind all the New streaming services, sharing, more servers, more content all going through Sony or a service they provide. This would be more like telling your mom "we decided to offer more services to our consumers, but to help offset some of this cost we're going to charge for some online play, not all while still keeping it an optional service that provides bonuses". "which not to mention is still more than our competitor provides". Plus a mother of a company head is more likely to tell her son to do what he has to do to stay ahead.

3.) again gamers will find any reason to do something out of spite, regardless of what you do. Even if online would've stayed free I guarantee you some would complain "aw it's still free, which means it's going to suck like the ps3".
1.) Oh, but do you get a choice of what complimentary promo game you get each month? I'd probably get more games I want from Steam than I would for a year of PS+.

2.) Oh, but they are charging for Online multiplayer and that is the constant in there. I don't care about streaming, sharing, etc. They can charge for those things, but charging for online multiplayer is where I draw the line. As for the servers, I doubt that is the case all the time. I mean, if the games are cross platform multiplayer like Portal 2 was, then I doubt Sony's hosting the servers. So why should they get paid just for being a roadblock?

3.) Could just keep it free and saying they've managed get a grant from an anonymous source and still use the PS+ funds to pay for it. Keep them in the dark about where the money is coming from. Most people pay for the promos, like I said. I doubt requiring it to play online multiplayer would actually increase those funds by much. However, charging for it will just turn off people that who chose PS3 over the Slenderbox 360 because online multiplayer was free.
---
Inakunarinasai (Cease to exist) - incredibly epic song from the 16-bit era of video games.
# of people who thought I was Jinjo: 1