Ps4's upscaler hardware based... good or bad? You be the judges, Tech Wizards!

#1SophisticationPosted 11/1/2013 11:03:38 PM
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/395992082621685760

Personally, I don't believe anything these figure heads say... They lie like snakes spit venom. Sony's been creepy as of late, too. I don't know if I am ready to get back in the sack with them after they've been pretty deceitful over some of the features the Ps4 won't have.

I'm still buying a Ps4 day 1... but I'm leery of them and their creepy ways as of late.
---
As 1 of 3 original Sophistocrats, I'm Here to spread judicious business and teach fellow faqers how to be smash hit forum posters with successful game taste.
#2Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 12:29:19 AM
Bump it up for enlightenment.
---
As 1 of 3 original Sophistocrats, I'm Here to spread judicious business and teach fellow faqers how to be smash hit forum posters with successful game taste.
#3Abyss89Posted 11/2/2013 12:41:12 AM(edited)
From what I understand (very possibly completely wrong) hardware upscale is heavy on the CPU but is better than software upscaling.
Same as emulators???
#4GuitaristMattPosted 11/2/2013 12:44:34 AM
Using it with software is even more intensive, so yeah this is good, but I think that counts out everyone who thought 'in 10 years we could have a 4k game on ps4'
---
Question about the PS4? Check here vvv
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#5Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 12:48:47 AM
But since ps4 games, most, are naive 1080p it shouldn't be that hard on cpu, right? Also, I wonder if their scaler is anywhere near as good as the xb1's? They have an awesome scaler that makes things look hot.
---
#6BruceLee1974Posted 11/2/2013 1:02:41 AM
Sophistication posted...
But since ps4 games, most, are naive 1080p it shouldn't be that hard on cpu, right? Also, I wonder if their scaler is anywhere near as good as the xb1's? They have an awesome scaler that makes things look hot.

And they really need it as well since most xbone games cant seem to even run at 1080p. But last I heard the ps4 had a designated to chip just for that purpose, for upscaling so it wont tax the hardware of the ps4.
#7True_FoeHammerPosted 11/2/2013 1:14:43 AM
>Complains that Sony has been decietful about the PS4
>Still getting a PS4 on day one anyway

Please tell me why you think you have the right to ***** about the situation?
#8Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 1:16:02 AM
True_FoeHammer posted...
>Complains that Sony has been decietful about the PS4
>Still getting a PS4 on day one anyway

Please tell me why you think you have the right to ***** about the situation?

Because I'm the consumer... consumer is always right. Now beat the berry bush, wheat deal.
---
#9RiskBreaker__Posted 11/2/2013 1:16:43 AM
Sophy wont buy anything, because he's broke.
---
Gods... Is he even human? He fights with the strength of a brigade...Are Riskbreakers all this powerful?
Mr. Yura, Miss Enoki. Dont fail me!
#10Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 1:20:08 AM
RiskBreaker__ posted...
Sophy wont buy anything, because he's broke.

You wish I was so you wouldn't be alone in your poverty. I'm rich, famous, savvy, successful and Sophisticated. Love and shower me with adoration.
---