CAn the PS4 play video files from a USB pendrive stick?

#1gfaqsterPosted 11/3/2013 4:14:17 AM
So i heard that the ps4 can't play MP3 or music from a usb or from the hdd.
BUT can it play .avi or .mp4 videos like the ps3 can?

I didn't find any info on the faq.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2SpacePirateSealPosted 11/3/2013 4:17:46 AM
No.
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
Please be excited!
#3gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:22:56 AM
SpacePirateSeal posted...
No.

but where did you get this info?

because the playstation 4 faq on sony's site only mentioned mp3 not being playable.

they never mentioned photos or video viewing.

and wtf if this is true. I mean the ps3 can do this stuff.
ps4 feels like a downgrade in features.
hell even the ps vita can play videos, view pictures and play mp3s.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#4FoppePosted 11/3/2013 4:49:05 AM
If it could play movies and show pictures, why are they not saying it in the Ultimate PS4 FAQ?
And this is a videogame console, is it really necessary for it to play video files and show pictures?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5BaseChouGokuPosted 11/3/2013 4:49:16 AM
I'm not sure. I know for music it's because Sony and M$ want to push their own music subcription programs.

For external hard drive I heard it was so you can't do external game saving. No one really elaborated on playing movies. But If I had to guess I'd say no to that too since I assume Sony and Microsoft would also want you to pay for movies using their system. They want to monopolize everything. Its why they tried to do this always online DRM and no used games lockout bull**** (but Sony backed out of it earlier than M$ anticipating the backlash). Add all this nonsense along with shrinking Japanese game development,a craptastic PS4 launch library, pay to play online and mobile phone shovelware growing and I swear gaming is looking bleaker and bleaker as ever....