Who else is buying a premium HDMI cable for their PS4?

#1WiNGSPANTTPosted 11/4/2013 12:44:07 AM
I'm not going to use the cheap cable it comes with, or the 2-year-old cable I have for my PS3. The PS4 is going to be the best video game experience out there, and it deserves a premium HDMI cable in order to ensure maximum audiovisual fidelity. I'm not one of those suckers who buys overpriced Monster cables either. I've decided on an AudioQuest Carbon cable for $240 from my local Best Buy (a specialty item so I had to place a special order for it with a store rep).

Carbon HDMI adds 5% silver-plating to its predecessors' solid-core conductors. Like all AudioQuest HDMI cables, Carbon uses Solid High-Density Polyethylene Insulation, and precise geometry. Specific attention has been paid to maximizing the performance of HDMI, and indeed, AudioQuest's HDMI cables push sonic performance to new levels. Solid 5% Silver Conductors: Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion and reduce jitter. Solid silver-plated conductors are excellent for very high-frequency applications, like HDMI audio and video. These signals, being such a high frequency, travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. As the surface is made of high-purity silver, the performance is very close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to solid copper cable. This is an incredibly cost effective way of manufacturing very high-quality HDMI cables. Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation: Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Carbon HDMI uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials. Carbon-Based 3-Layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS): 100% shielded
#2xReturnerxPosted 11/4/2013 12:45:04 AM
if you pay more then 5 bucks for an HDMI cable you're doing it wrong.
---
http://www.videogamevoters.org/
#3WiNGSPANTT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 12:46:28 AM
xReturnerx posted...

Only if you're broke. If you have the money it's stupid not to invest it in quality components.
#4xReturnerxPosted 11/4/2013 12:47:41 AM
You don't know anything about HDMI cables.
---
http://www.videogamevoters.org/
#5FoppePosted 11/4/2013 12:48:28 AM
WiNGSPANTT posted...
xReturnerx posted...

Only if you're broke. If you have the money it's stupid not to invest it in quality components.

It's a digital signal going a short distance, you will not see a difference between a cheap $5 cable and a $240 "premium" cable.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6suzukimatsuiPosted 11/4/2013 12:48:32 AM
Even if you are not broke anything more than 5-10 dollars for an hdmi cable is just not a sound purchase. But I guess people just have money to burn
#7WiNGSPANTT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 12:49:34 AM
Says the guy who thinks a crappy $5 cable is the same as a premium $240 one. Your cheapo cable isn't gonna do anything about strand interaction distortion and it sure as hell isn't going to have solid silver conductors.
#8scaryicePosted 11/4/2013 12:51:23 AM
It is really that much fun to make dumb topics like this one? Is actually discussing games not exciting enough for you?
#9Menji76Posted 11/4/2013 12:53:24 AM
LOL
---
Menji+
Congrats to raytan CBIX Guru Winner!
#10WiNGSPANTT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 12:54:25 AM
scaryice posted...
It is really that much fun to make dumb topics like this one? Is actually discussing games not exciting enough for you?

Dumb? Excuse me for thinking that there might actually be some other enthusiasts here who would appreciate discussing quality components.

I guess this forum is filled with a bunch of poors and/or cheapskates who probably buy crappy Vizio TV's and the cheapest cables money can buy.