KMart Members Only PS4?

#1cwg403Posted 11/10/2013 1:45:47 PM
Browsing through the newspaper ads, I saw a Kmart ad that was somewhat peculiar..it said that the PS4 is a members only item on release day, meaning you have to be part of their little club or something to get one.

Interesting if this is totally true...maybe go sign up to get one for people who don't have pre orders..?
#2bh7812Posted 11/10/2013 2:39:16 PM
Quote:Browsing through the newspaper ads, I saw a Kmart ad that was somewhat peculiar..it said that the PS4 is a members only item on release day, meaning you have to be part of their little club or something to get one.

Interesting if this is totally true...maybe go sign up to get one for people who don't have pre orders..?

@cwg403

I'd like to address this topic since I work for Kmart and can give the straight story on this. Yes, on Friday, at Kmart PS4s will only be available to Save Your Way Rewards Members, on a first come first served basis. Meaning, they will hand out PS4s to SYWR members based on when they arrive. To make this clearer, let's say you, me and 5 others are SYW members and we're waiting on Friday morning for the store to open and we have 7 PS4s to give out. That means since all 7 of us are SYWR members, we will all get PS4s. If there's 20 others behind us in line and they're NOT SYWR members, they won't be getting a PS4-even if we have 20 extra on top of the initial 7 in my example. At least on Friday, those 27 units are set aside especially for rewards members. It's a more organized, less chaotic way of doing this that's a nice benefit for rewards members.

However-signing up for SYWR is free! And, you can do it pretty much any day this week right up till Thursday if you're not a member! It's a pretty nice program-you get 1 point for every dollar you spend and after accumulating points for a while, you can use those points towards future Sears/Kmart purchases, both in-store and online! Also, especially for gamers, they offer great incentives for buying new games and systems there-like some new releases we will give you 20 to 30 dollars worth of rewards points just for buying the game there.

If you're not a rewards member, have a Sears/Kmart nearby, and didn't get to pre-order a PS4, go sign up this week by Thursday-again membership is totally free and this might be a really good way to get a PS4 without having pre-ordered! Just remember-it's first come, first served and most Kmarts will have VERY limited quantities-like fewer than 10 ps4s at some locations!

I hope this helps those still hoping for a PS4 without a pre-order! I also hope the management of the Kmart I work for reads this-I'm a cart pusher right now but would like to get into electronics ;)
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#3GunzleaderPosted 11/10/2013 3:28:17 PM
sounds like a good way to get shot denying someone a ps4... you know how crazy people will be lol. but since membership is free its there own dam fault if they didn't sign up.
---
you are not "official" anything of any board grow up. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#4cwg403(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 4:40:33 PM
called Kmart and asked about the promotion...she said they would be selling them to non members, too, but it is a first come first served basis. This is in a 10k population town, so they might not get that many, plus many other people will likely go to wal mart midnight release.
#5llsamuraillPosted 11/10/2013 4:54:59 PM
bh7812 posted...
Quote:Browsing through the newspaper ads, I saw a Kmart ad that was somewhat peculiar..it said that the PS4 is a members only item on release day, meaning you have to be part of their little club or something to get one.

@cwg403

I'd like to address this topic since I work for Kmart and can give the straight story on this. Yes, on Friday, at Kmart PS4s will only be available to Save Your Way Rewards Members, on a first come first served basis. Meaning, they will hand out PS4s to SYWR members based on when they arrive. To make this clearer, let's say you, me and 5 others are SYW members and we're waiting on Friday morning for the store to open and we have 7 PS4s to give out. That means since all 7 of us are SYWR members, we will all get PS4s. If there's 20 others behind us in line and they're NOT SYWR members, they won't be getting a PS4-even if we have 20 extra on top of the initial 7 in my example. At least on Friday, those 27 units are set aside especially for rewards members. It's a more organized, less chaotic way of doing this that's a nice benefit for rewards members.

However-signing up for SYWR is free! And, you can do it pretty much any day this week right up till Thursday if you're not a member! It's a pretty nice program-you get 1 point for every dollar you spend and after accumulating points for a while, you can use those points towards future Sears/Kmart purchases, both in-store and online! Also, especially for gamers, they offer great incentives for buying new games and systems there-like some new releases we will give you 20 to 30 dollars worth of rewards points just for buying the game there.

If you're not a rewards member, have a Sears/Kmart nearby, and didn't get to pre-order a PS4, go sign up this week by Thursday-again membership is totally free and this might be a really good way to get a PS4 without having pre-ordered! Just remember-it's first come, first served and most Kmarts will have VERY limited quantities-like fewer than 10 ps4s at some locations!

I hope this helps those still hoping for a PS4 without a pre-order! I also hope the management of the Kmart I work for reads this-I'm a cart pusher right now but would like to get into electronics ;)

Also work for KMART and the loud speaker add today stated you can become a rewards member during your PS4 purchase.
---
Launch PS4, Xbox 1 soon after
#6hajile12Posted 11/10/2013 4:59:47 PM
Can i become a member online? That sounds like a good way to snag one late in the game!
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#7Neoreloaded313Posted 11/10/2013 5:01:54 PM
Yet another Kmart employee, with the Wii U launch all the units we received went right to instore pickup orders from our website. So nobody was able to get one even if they camped for it. Hopefully that does not happen this time.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#8Neoreloaded313Posted 11/10/2013 5:03:40 PM
hajile12 posted...
Can i become a member online? That sounds like a good way to snag one late in the game!

Yes, you can. But its better for your cashier if you do it in the store. We get some extra money from every person we sign up.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#9bh7812Posted 11/11/2013 12:35:10 AM
Quote:bh7812 posted...

@cwg403

Also work for KMART and the loud speaker add today stated you can become a rewards member during your PS4 purchase.

@llsamuraill

Interesting,,,what I was told a while back was Friday's launch systems would be strictly for SYWR members only, on a first come first served basis. Looks like their position changed a bit. Well, I'd say regardless of if you're a Rewards member or not, Kmart would be a great place to try to get a PS4 from if you didn't pre-order! Thanks for the clarification, IIsamuraiII! Some policies and decisions vary from district to district so I tried to help out as best as I could based on what I got told.
---
#10bh7812Posted 11/11/2013 12:37:44 AM
Quote:hajile12 posted...

Yes, you can. But its better for your cashier if you do it in the store. We get some extra money from every person we sign up.

@Neoreloaded313

Exactly, he can sign up in store and online but it's better to do it in-Store. They're really encouraging us to get as many in-store sign ups as we can especially during the holidays, they're really pushing in store stuff for Rewards overall..in store sign up, My Kmart/rewards app you can use in store things like that.
---