Anyone know if HDMI to Component Converter works with PS4?

#1ZEROthefirstPosted 11/16/2013 2:54:47 PM
Like the title says does anyone know or have tried HDMI to Component converter to see if it will work? I have a TV that supports HDMI, I'm really just asking because I'm looking to get the Vita TV and this at some point, and I wanted to know if it would work so I can capture footage on my Hauppauge HDPVR. I know it works with the PS3, 360, and WiiU (have component cables to use on them, but Vita TV and PS4 don't support component out cable anymore) but I haven't seen anything about anyone trying this yet. Really just trying to find a way to save some money, instead of paying out the a$$ for a new HDMI capture card that I have to physically install in my computer.
Thanks
---
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
#2miethaPosted 11/16/2013 3:03:43 PM
It runs HDCP checks and, if I understand correctly, that set up wouldn't pass.
#3ZEROthefirst(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 3:15:17 PM
mietha posted...
It runs HDCP checks and, if I understand correctly, that set up wouldn't pass.

PS3 had HDCP as well but it still worked. Is there something completely different with how HDCP check works on the PS4 as compared to the PS3 or technically isn't it the same thing?
---
#4roos1046 RebornPosted 11/16/2013 3:16:13 PM
it only works with Monster brand cables
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#5RayconPosted 11/16/2013 8:40:03 PM
roos1046 Reborn posted...
it only works with Monster brand cables

I'm sorry, but your sig is just hilarious.

XD
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#6ElitePosted 11/16/2013 8:48:01 PM
ZEROthefirst posted...
Like the title says does anyone know or have tried HDMI to Component converter to see if it will work? I have a TV that supports HDMI, I'm really just asking because I'm looking to get the Vita TV and this at some point, and I wanted to know if it would work so I can capture footage on my Hauppauge HDPVR. I know it works with the PS3, 360, and WiiU (have component cables to use on them, but Vita TV and PS4 don't support component out cable anymore) but I haven't seen anything about anyone trying this yet. Really just trying to find a way to save some money, instead of paying out the a$$ for a new HDMI capture card that I have to physically install in my computer.
Thanks

A) there's still no word on if vita tv is seeing a release outside japan
B) getting an import to work looks like a massive pain... kotaku.com/five-important-things-to-know-about-the-vita-tv-1464987381
#7ZEROthefirst(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 5:32:37 AM
Elite posted...
ZEROthefirst posted...
Thanks

A) there's still no word on if vita tv is seeing a release outside japan
B) getting an import to work looks like a massive pain... kotaku.com/five-important-things-to-know-about-the-vita-tv-1464987381

I know there's been no word on the Vita TV being localized outside of Japan and then other Asian areas in January.

It doesn't look like it would be too bad in all honesty. It's kind of silly how you can't use a PSN account outside of Japan at the moment, but I would probably use my Japanese PSN account anyways for DLC on God Eater 2.

Anyways thanks for some of the input guys, it'll still be a while before I can get either of the 2 systems, and as far as the Vita TV goes I'll try waiting until around January when the Asian version comes out to see if maybe it's a little more forgiving on restrictions, and if not to at least see if maybe people have successfully used an HDMI to Component converter, not to mention save a little more money too lol.
---
#8char_leigh_27Posted 11/17/2013 9:24:28 PM
I'm using a ViewHD HDMI to Component Convertor for my PS4 it works perfectly fine. I found mine on Amazon. Not sure if they still have it in stock though. Here's a video of the model:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlg1LkSx1y8