I called a store for PS4 stock and they jacked the price to 599$!

#21john3113Posted 11/18/2013 1:52:58 AM
JusticeSword posted...
doodles40 posted...
AmazingDany posted...
Do indie gaming stores have the right to price whatever they want without consequences?

Yes.

This.

Not this. While it is correct that the retailer can legally sell it at whatever price they want, it isn't a good idea. If Sony were to find out, they could simply refuse to supply to them anymore. What is a small mom and pop store that probably purchased 5 or 10 PS4s? Haha NOTHING - Sony cares more about consistent pricing than the $20 bucks it probably made from each of those 5 sales..
#22kreedersPosted 11/18/2013 2:16:28 AM
SIC101 posted...
Firenzey posted...
"suggested retail price" Its not a crime

Actually it is, thats why gamestop opens old stock. They can literally cut the plastic and jack the price though

from someone with a business, you are wrong.
#23ElectricMolePosted 11/18/2013 2:33:13 AM
mom and pop shop trying to give ya the old screw over. thank goodness for large retail chains that arent allowed to hike up prices regardless of the demand.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#24Iceberg73ePosted 11/18/2013 2:46:10 AM
john3113 posted...
JusticeSword posted...
doodles40 posted...
AmazingDany posted...
Do indie gaming stores have the right to price whatever they want without consequences?

Yes.

This.

Not this. While it is correct that the retailer can legally sell it at whatever price they want, it isn't a good idea. If Sony were to find out, they could simply refuse to supply to them anymore. What is a small mom and pop store that probably purchased 5 or 10 PS4s? Haha NOTHING - Sony cares more about consistent pricing than the $20 bucks it probably made from each of those 5 sales..

Indie stores purchase merchandise through distributors and not directly through Sony. So honestly that wouldn't risk anything.
---
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios
#25Rapscallion84Posted 11/18/2013 3:04:24 AM(edited)
SIC101 posted...
Firenzey posted...
"suggested retail price" Its not a crime

Actually it is, thats why gamestop opens old stock. They can literally cut the plastic and jack the price though

I worked part-time in Game (UK) for two years, which I think is our version of Gamestop. It was common practice for the dodgy managers to open new consoles/games and sell them as preowned with a hiked price and addons (worthless accessories and insurance aka Gamecare). I didn't work there for the launch of any major console, but from what co-workers told me this practice of cutting plastic and altering the bundle was common too.

Of course they'd take any codes inside the boxes, so this practice was rife with the Wii and Nintendo games.
#26kyle78Posted 11/18/2013 3:06:22 AM
I knew a mom and pop shop, that has long been shut down.(notice to vacate, by order of sheriff, true story)That was selling the Wii for 350.00 when it came out. Remember how Nintendo kept the stock offshore, and boated it in sparingly to keep stock high in demand? Surely, someone here remembers that? It was a huge deal back then. I vowed never to buy another Nintendo product afterwards.
---
X360-KyleHboc<>PSN-KyleHbocc
Lets play liberal slaughter..........
#27FabulousZeroPosted 11/18/2013 4:43:31 AM
kyle78 posted...
I knew a mom and pop shop, that has long been shut down.(notice to vacate, by order of sheriff, true story)That was selling the Wii for 350.00 when it came out. Remember how Nintendo kept the stock offshore, and boated it in sparingly to keep stock high in demand? Surely, someone here remembers that? It was a huge deal back then. I vowed never to buy another Nintendo product afterwards.

Nintendo is disgusting
---
ME3 is the best of the trilogy.
If you dislike FFXIII, you're an idiot.
#28ish0turfac3Posted 11/18/2013 4:50:07 AM
ill bite tc. What store did you call?
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (Feel free to add me on either of these)
#29ish0turfac3Posted 11/18/2013 4:52:53 AM
FabulousZero posted...
kyle78 posted...

Nintendo is disgusting

Me3 and ff 13 are disgusting
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (Feel free to add me on either of these)
#30TheSteelPhoenixPosted 11/18/2013 5:03:08 AM
FabulousZero posted...
kyle78 posted...

Nintendo is disgusting

Wow, this is quite pathetic.
---
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On World Champion