So everybody agrees that the DS3 is garbage now right?

#1rx54Posted 11/18/2013 4:57:33 AM
As someone who started on PS3 and later got a 360 as well, I quit playing my PS3 and eventually sold it simply because of how inferior the controller was.
The triggers were by far the worst thing on any controller that has ever existed as far as I (and apparently all fps developers) are concerned.
There's a reason why no fps used the triggers for aiming and shooting, but all did on 360, and now do on PS4.

The DS4 exceeded my expectations by miles, I knew it would be way better than the DS3, but I doubted that the triggers and sticks would be anywhere near as good as the 360 controller.

I felt like the DS4 would have been a burden I would have to deal with for years to enjoy the superior console, really didn't think Sony had what it took after the DS3 being so horrible, they must have replaced everyone in their controller department or something, they improved immensely.
I've seen people complain that the DS4 is worse, and I genuinely believe those people are insane.

I just don't understand how anyone can be dissatisfied with the new controller.
---
PSN - Hunched
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 11/18/2013 4:59:02 AM
rx54 posted...
As someone who started on PS3 and later got a 360 as well, I quit playing my PS3 and eventually sold it simply because of how inferior the controller was.
The triggers were by far the worst thing on any controller that has ever existed as far as I (and apparently all fps developers) are concerned.
There's a reason why no fps used the triggers for aiming and shooting, but all did on 360, and now do on PS4.

The DS4 exceeded my expectations by miles, I knew it would be way better than the DS3, but I doubted that the triggers and sticks would be anywhere near as good as the 360 controller.

I felt like the DS4 would have been a burden I would have to deal with for years to enjoy the superior console, really didn't think Sony had what it took after the DS3 being so horrible, they must have replaced everyone in their controller department or something, they improved immensely.
I've seen people complain that the DS4 is worse, and I genuinely believe those people are insane.

I just don't understand how anyone can be dissatisfied with the new controller.

because it feels like it was made for kids
---
It's times for a Revolution, my kids KAMMY KOOPA should be in Super Smash Bros 4.
#3KenauePosted 11/18/2013 5:03:07 AM
No.
---
Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus; Next Up: PLAYSTATION 4 - KZ:SF; ACIV; NFS:R; Knack.
PSN: Lord_CBH
#4Rob_the_NinjaPosted 11/18/2013 5:03:26 AM
At first I was frustrated with the DS4 becuase Killzone (which I rented) felt like it had some kind of deadzone that made fine aiming feel heavy, and it made my thumb hurt.

Then I plugged it into my PS3 to play Vanquish, and I was blown away.

Great controller, and apparently the Killzone devs still don't understand how to make responsive aiming.
---
http://i.minus.com/ioIJFDeaCZnDc.gif
3DS FC: 4897-5952-2518
#5LordRavielPosted 11/18/2013 5:08:52 AM
I have not used the PS4 controller yet because it isn't released here for nearly 2 weeks but the Dualshock is by far m prefered controller at this point in time.

It could be because I have been mostly using controller of that design for 15 years but the only other controller I have found as comfortable to hold in that time is the Game Cube controller.

The original XBOX controller was absolutely awful and I think most people would agree on that, but for me even the smaller XBOX controller and the 360 controllers feel too bulky and oddly shapped even though my hands aren't exactly small.

It might be because I tend not to grip my controllers tightly and instead almost let it rest on 3 of my fingers with my index finger on the sholder buttons and thumbs operating the face buttons.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2, Disgaea D2,
GTA Online and Pokemon Y.
#6Figure09Posted 11/18/2013 5:10:22 AM
I don't think it was garbage. For anything other then shooters I preferred it over the 360.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0946-3552-1822
#7rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 5:11:35 AM
Rob_the_Ninja posted...
At first I was frustrated with the DS4 becuase Killzone (which I rented) felt like it had some kind of deadzone that made fine aiming feel heavy, and it made my thumb hurt.

Then I plugged it into my PS3 to play Vanquish, and I was blown away.

Great controller, and apparently the Killzone devs still don't understand how to make responsive aiming.

I was scared because KZ was the first game I played, I had an overwhelming feeling of "ohh noo..." inside.

Then I played BF4 and my mind was blown.
For whatever reason I have better control on BF4 on PS4 than 360.
Dunno if it's all the controller, or if multiplayer on this gen has less lag so it feels like I do better, or if the game was just better optimized in the gameplay department.
Something is present that isn't on 360.
---
PSN - Hunched
#8rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 5:14:00 AM
Figure09 posted...
I don't think it was garbage. For anything other then shooters I preferred it over the 360.

The triggers ruined racing games too...
Actually, any game where you had to use the triggers a lot were ruined, because the triggers are just no fun to use.
They felt squishy and unresponsive, they also curved the wrong way.
---
PSN - Hunched
#9181stCommanderPosted 11/18/2013 5:16:02 AM
No.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#10Xhawk2002Posted 11/18/2013 5:16:24 AM
I wouldnt say garbage. But it wasnt exactly the best design. Sure, at the time we loved the PS3 and overlooked it. But then the DS4 came along and only now can we see exactly what could have been back in those days. In all honesty after 25+ years of gaming under my belt, the DS4 is the best controller I have ever used. Sony definitely did at least one solid thing this launch, and that was designing the DS4.
---
**AC:New Leaf -- WeRadish In LasVegiz**
3DS Friend Code : 5412-9898-4089