Would you ever be able to justify paying $70 - $80 for new releases?

#1Linctagon7Posted 11/24/2013 9:05:21 PM
Just suppose that games are sold at that price-point in the future. How, if at all, would you justify paying that for a game?
#2SockNightPosted 11/24/2013 9:06:47 PM
I wouldn't, that is ridiculous.
#3DeadMercenaryPosted 11/24/2013 9:08:25 PM(edited)
I barely justify $60 for most titles nowadays. I would probably do the same thing I do now though. On pc I just wait for steam sales/humble bundle, on consoles I just wait for them to hit bargain bin prices. Knack I want to try but it doesn't seem like a $60 title, so I'm waiting for it to hit $20.

The game has to be something I'm really interested in for me to pick it up at full price nowadays, which is not common.
#4BronzeWarriorPosted 11/24/2013 9:08:01 PM
With dlc we are already paying 80+.
---
PSN- SilentJak
GT- Madarez
#5coldwinePosted 11/24/2013 9:08:05 PM
No, mostly buy $15 or less.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
#6thompsontalker7Posted 11/24/2013 9:09:27 PM
If it's Persona, probably.
---
You are slave. Want emancipation? http://i.imgur.com/yqxzjHA.jpg?1
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif http://i.imgur.com/dKeJWT0.gif
#7_NapalmBrain_Posted 11/24/2013 9:12:38 PM
BronzeWarrior posted...

This is exactly why games WILL increase at some point. They already know the sheeple will pay whatever they ask, and they have tested it with DLC. I have never bought a DLC for any game because I refuse to support it. It doesn't take a genius to see where this greedy path leads.
#8twentytoonelongPosted 11/24/2013 9:14:06 PM
Games SHOULD cost that amount today based on inflation. Publishers have had to make up for that with microtransactions, lower risk projects (AKA sequels), and to a lesser extent reducing costs with digital distribution.
#9liam_000Posted 11/24/2013 9:17:09 PM
_NapalmBrain_ posted...
BronzeWarrior posted...

This is exactly why games WILL increase at some point. They already know the sheeple will pay whatever they ask, and they have tested it with DLC. I have never bought a DLC for any game because I refuse to support it. It doesn't take a genius to see where this greedy path leads.

I don't see why they didn't increase the price of games this gen in America, they did in Europe.
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#10Linctagon7(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 9:18:27 PM
_NapalmBrain_ posted...
BronzeWarrior posted...

This is what I'm afraid of.

I am willing to bet my left nut that new releases will retail for $70 on average before this gen is over. I said this in another thread before, EA and Activision are going to make that an industry standard. I might be wrong, then it's all good. I WANT to be wrong. Then again, I might be right. In which case we are royally screwed and going to get screwed if people support it.