Twitch removes PS4 Playroom directory following lewd behavior

#1skermacPosted 11/27/2013 10:59:20 AM
Anyone getting rid of their PS4 because of this? If you don't have one yet will you not buy one now? Or does this not matter to you?

"Streaming service Twitch has removed the PlayStation 4 Playroom directory after reports of gamers using the service to host streams featuring lewd behavior surfaced earlier this week.

“We removed Playroom content from the directory because a majority of it was non-gaming related,” a Twitch representative told Game Informer. “We will look into adding it back as PS4 owners become more familiar with the games-only focus of Twitch content."

Earlier this week, Twitch explained that it already needed to remove multiple streams due to salacious behavior and inappropriate comments in chat rooms. One stream featured a man undressing his partner after an extensive drinking session.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/twitch-removes-ps4-playroom-directory-following-lewd-behavior/1100-6416423/
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2rb10001Posted 11/27/2013 11:01:56 AM
anyone who types "this is why we can't have nice things" is under 13. i will also do my best to find out your real age and i will get you banned here. gamefaqs is very, very strict about the age thing.
---
http://youtu.be/xiWIVLNLeoI
#3RuzinusPosted 11/27/2013 11:04:36 AM
This is why we can't have nice things.

I didn't fully understand what the story was at first: People were talking like Sony took down the Playroom, similar to how Nintendo did that thing to spotpass or something.

But it sounds like its Twitch what did it... which means theres a chance of Sony finding a different streaming service to work with, or making some sort of deal where they have to moderate the content.
---
FOR THE LUNDRAY!
"It's really big, but it's cursed."
#4Fibber_McGeePosted 11/27/2013 11:05:00 AM
rb10001 posted...
anyone who types "this is why we can't have nice things" is under 13. i will also do my best to find out your real age and i will get you banned here. gamefaqs is very, very strict about the age thing.

Nothing like acting immaturely to make your point about the supposed immaturity of others.
#5Fibber_McGeePosted 11/27/2013 11:05:31 AM
Ruzinus posted...
This is why we can't have nice things.

Ooooh, you gettin' report now, son!

Ha!
#6Hierarchy225Posted 11/27/2013 11:05:51 AM
rb10001 posted...

This is why we can't have nice things, and its true.

Do your worst.
---
Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870 / Ice Safari: Snorunt, Bergminte, Dewgong
#7Syi_2010Posted 11/27/2013 11:07:42 AM
"i will also do my best to find out your real age and i will get you banned here. gamefaqs is very, very strict about the age thing."

isnt harassment ban-able too
---
GT - Syi, PS3 Syion, Wii-dont remember
#8IceyflamePosted 11/27/2013 11:10:13 AM
This is why we can't have nice things
#9181stCommanderPosted 11/27/2013 11:12:09 AM
And this is why Ustream is better.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#10RybalPosted 11/27/2013 11:12:40 AM
And this is why we can't have nice things.

rb10001 posted...

I'd say that the fact that my account is more than 13 years old should be sufficient to show that I am, indeed, older than 13.

As a side note, it is not unexpected. If people REALLY want to do things like that, they could always invest in a webcam. Twitch is supposed to be for gaming and those people were abusing the stated purpose.
---
To all trolls (and those that are tired of the trolling) - http://goo.gl/YVX7op
PSN: Rybal_81