So apparently Microsoft won the console launch war

#1haynknightPosted 12/2/2013 1:12:41 AM
Just so happen to come across this article after reading some other ones and man does this reporter sound misinformed. She doesn't even take into account that the 1 million for MS was worldwide sales and the 1 million for Sony was US only.

Although I'm a Sony dare I say pony, I do love both consoles and I hope they both thrive but man these people need to get their facts straight. Just because there are stocks on the shelves doesn't mean they won.

http://tinyurl.com/o7gkpvp
---
What did you say his power level was? It's over 9000! Grrr.
#2FoppePosted 12/2/2013 1:19:51 AM
Does it really matter how many countries it was sold in?
Microsoft will continue to sell consoles in all those countries.
Yes, Sony got a huge boost when they launched in Europe, and now they will also continue to sell consoles.
And in the future, Microsoft will get another, but smaller, boost when they release in the rest of Europe next year, while Sony will get another small boost when they launch in Japan next year.
Right now it's pretty much putting out as many consoles they can into stores in as many countries as they can, because both consoles sells, no matter if they got units on some shelves in some places.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3possessionPosted 12/2/2013 1:20:24 AM
Microsoft Connect.

Twice that I saw before I quit reading.
---
Games that need a new entry: Nightmare Creatures, Fear Effect, Gungrave, BloodRayne, Primal Rage, Chaos Legion, Legacy of Kain, Primal, Vagrant Story
#4RyuuHou25Posted 12/2/2013 1:31:45 AM
"1 million unit is good news for a company like prime sense that makes the chips for Microsoft Connect in here to tell the latest happening with prime sent is our Britney Umar."

O.o

What the hell kind of devil speak is this?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#5Yuji_IkaidoPosted 12/2/2013 1:32:36 AM
Yeah, no.
#6haynknight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 1:35:57 AM
ok sorry if i wasn't clear before but I'm not trying to bash the XB1 in any way, shape, or form. Just wanted to share some of the inconsistencies that some of the media is putting out that misinform the consumers.
---
What did you say his power level was? It's over 9000! Grrr.
#7AvirosbPosted 12/2/2013 2:19:33 AM
A business wins by staying in business. I hope both companies make profits this gen (and Microsoft learn from their mistakes).
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#8AwayFromHerePosted 12/2/2013 2:51:51 AM
Avirosb posted...
A business wins by staying in business. I hope both companies make profits this gen (and Microsoft learn from their mistakes).

Microsoft's profits have literally nothing to do with the Xbox division.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#9the_hunter_gtaPosted 12/2/2013 4:57:17 AM
PS4 were sold out almost everywhere and a few people only getting X1 cause they couldn't get a PS4! that really says something! had to fall back on something they didn't want!

I would have waited to get a PS4 if they where sold out! So far 3-4+ games i want on PS4 and only 1 on X1! So 3-4 beats out 1 game!
---
[Back Up Games Saves to USB if possible]
HyperNepV Drops: http://goo.gl/y8BnJ, Atelier-Ayesha 1st playthru notes goo.gl/8gu0S, FF14 Maps http://goo.gl/HoQw7N
#10CaIiber345Posted 12/2/2013 5:16:15 AM
Are you ******* me?! With that grammar and spelling, I wouldn't believe them if they told me water is wet. Get this pathetic garbage out of here. I've made my console choice but I don't care who sells more consoles. I don't work for Sony or Microsoft. Yet I would still rather read all of the stupid sales topics that at least reference articles written by people who spell properly and are grammatically sound than that linked drivel.
---
Playstation 4, Xbox 360
PSN: Caliber345 Please leave a message.