2K Patches in Always Online DRM to Next-Gen NBA2K14

#1SoulTrapperPosted 12/11/2013 5:28:45 AM
http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/12/2k-patches-in-always-online-drm-to-next-gen-nba2k14/

Can anyone confirm this?

If it's true, I'm done with 2K. Absolutely disgusting, especially since they're doing it after launch, no way for people to know this would happen.

Basically, you’re locked out of ANY mode that uses VC. Which makes this 2K trying to protect their micro-transaction model from offline exploits.

Yet another reason to hate micro transactions.
#2thefabregas22Posted 12/11/2013 5:32:10 AM
Old and I'm pretty sure it was confirmed to be not true like yesterday.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#3SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 7:03:42 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
Old and I'm pretty sure it was confirmed to be not true like yesterday.

Ah, that's good. Got a link to the article or post/topic?
#4wolfwingPosted 12/11/2013 7:33:59 AM
you can still do some stuff ofline, but it's limited and such, not sure how badly it is.
---
currently Playing Pokemon X/white 2
#5Exodus_PrimePosted 12/11/2013 8:04:30 AM
An NBA game having micro transactions, I don't see how that would get milked, bling rings? shorts? shoes?
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#6--MPLS--Posted 12/11/2013 8:11:37 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
An NBA game having micro transactions, I don't see how that would get milked, bling rings? shorts? shoes?

It's not as bad as what everyone wants to say because it's super easy to get VC and just earn the stuff you want, BUT they give you the option to buy VC and skip the wait. Most people (I'm just assuming on this) would use it on their stats. After my first full season without buying anything I was at an 89 Ovr. Soooo yeah... People are mad about this just to be mad about something. I'm actually on the side that thinks it's neat they at least offer a way to get what you want faster if you so choose.
---
PSN - The-Bentley-GTC
Playing PS4 - NBA 2k14, Ghosts, BF4, Madden 25
#7Aromatic GrassPosted 12/11/2013 8:17:55 AM
im really bad at this game, any tips? I have already gone through the Tutorial Mode
---
Posting from a smartphone, please pardon any typos.
#8southalabamaPosted 12/11/2013 8:26:06 AM
Aromatic Grass posted...
im really bad at this game, any tips? I have already gone through the Tutorial Mode

Just practice, you'll get better once you learn the controls.I take it your one of those who don't really like basketball, but bought it because it looks good.
---
#1 Alabama(10-0): Last Game: 20-7 W vs Mississippi State
D2 -- West Alabama(8-3): W 91-28 vs Central State
#9llsamuraillPosted 12/11/2013 8:30:58 AM
Aromatic Grass posted...

I am the absolute worst at this game. I believe I am 1 and 12 online and also did the tutorial , so you have ccompany. The problem is, I really like the game and will continue to be eveyones doormat. I think it is more of a timing issue for me, plus I do not really understand how to run any plays other then the pick and roll. Also if a guy is wide open it tends to go in more often.
---
Launch PS4, Xbox 1 soon after
#10--MPLS--Posted 12/11/2013 9:26:02 AM
southalabama posted...
Aromatic Grass posted...

Just practice, you'll get better once you learn the controls.I take it your one of those who don't really like basketball, but bought it because it looks good.

That's kind of a lame duck assumption you just made of him. So because he's not good at the game he automatically doesn't like basketball?

I love baseball and mlb the show is one of the best sports franchises ever, but playing on the vet settings and higher is a real challenge for anyone getting started. Same thing with this game, if you don't learn to run plays with your favorite team and play at least decent defense you'll get destroyed online by cheesers spamming LeBron, Curry and Harden.
---
PSN - The-Bentley-GTC
Playing PS4 - NBA 2k14, Ghosts, BF4, Madden 25