PS4 audio issues

#1masterchief8495Posted 12/11/2013 5:23:24 PM
Hey i've been having an issue when sometimes when I either start the system, or a game the audio is lost completely. The issue is fixed by simply rebooting it but for peace of mind i just wanna to check if others are having this issue.
---
"Le grill? What the hell can that mean!"-Homer
#2DK DeathKnightPosted 12/11/2013 5:26:40 PM
It only happens with Knack for me, seems like any issue I have its because im playing Knack I also used to get a freeze as well. Otherwise everything works solid on any other game.
---
PSN: CrowsZero_
Playing: Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush
#3liam_000Posted 12/11/2013 5:28:03 PM
You don't need to restart the system, just change the input back to TV, then change it back.
---
PSN - OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#4BLAZE_92XPosted 12/11/2013 5:40:13 PM
This happened to me my first time yesterday and that's only because I shut off my system for the first time since I've had it (standby mode when it's not in use)

Boot up my system and noticed no audio
---
http://i.imgur.com/RldxIHF.png
#5masterchief8495(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 8:19:46 PM
Alright glad to know it's out there. Seems to only happen on battlefield but yeah was hoping this new update would fix it but oh well
---
"Le grill? What the hell can that mean!"-Homer
#6Darkness900Posted 12/11/2013 9:58:54 PM
Happen to me once so far I put the ps4 into standby mode for an 1 or 2 then started it up no sound or anything. A quick reboot and was good as new.
---
"it's like touching a girl before she's18... But it's legal!" by mgigante
PSN ShadowLinkX9
#7dark trunksPosted 12/11/2013 10:01:40 PM
liam_000 posted...
You don't need to restart the system, just change the input back to TV, then change it back.

I'll remember to try that the next time it happens.

I also get the occasional hiccup with the sound in games too. I was playing Assassin's Creed earlier, and the sound quickly went off and came back. It was very quick, and it has happened in Killzone and Lego Marvel, as well. But I'm not too worried about it.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#8JedahprPosted 12/12/2013 4:22:38 PM
I was also having this issue today too. The way I fixed it is when in game and the audio got funky, I'd hit the PS button on the controller and change audio from Dolby to DTS then back.
---
Sailin' away on a crest of a wave it's like magic
#9SolidManifestPosted 12/12/2013 4:49:32 PM
masterchief8495 posted...
Alright glad to know it's out there. Seems to only happen on battlefield but yeah was hoping this new update would fix it but oh well

I see the root of your problem
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#10Apex-PlayerPosted 12/12/2013 4:56:07 PM
I had this problem until I swapped the hdmi that came with the ps4 for the hdmi I bought for my ps3.

Everyone says all hdmi are the same, but I think the one with the ps4 was built poorly. It only happened like 3x before I swapped, but since then it hasn't happened anymore.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat