What is the average download/upload speed, off the ps4 network test?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is the average download/upload speed, off the ps4 network test?
1 year ago#1
Mines reading off as 17.8 down, 1.9 up.

Off my ps3 it was way higher for both, i've had no issues so far but what exactly is everyone elses, and how does mine stack up?

I ask because its the best in my city, and I pay extra for it, but once before they switched me back to regular well I was still paying for high speed, only found out by calling and complaining that it felt slower then it should be. Wondering if my net provider is pulling another fast one on me or if i'm around where I should be.

What does yours read off as, through the ps4 network test?
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
(edited 0 seconds ago)
1 year ago#2
Ok or,
Before I bought my ps4 I read a topic where everyone was saying if you changed some settings, they were getting higher results, about 50% better, but I cant find the topic now.

Does anyone remember this? Or what i'm supposed to change?

Thanks.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
1 year ago#3
Apex-Player posted...
Mines reading off as 17.8 down, 1.9 up.

Off my ps3 it was way higher for both, i've had no issues so far but what exactly is everyone elses, and how does mine stack up?

I ask because its the best in my city, and I pay extra for it, but once before they switched me back to regular well I was still paying for high speed, only found out by calling and complaining that it felt slower then it should be. Wondering if my net provider is pulling another fast one on me or if i'm around where I should be.

What does yours read off as, through the ps4 network test?

Who is/was your company ATT? Every single person that has told me they use ATT and they get the speed they pay for or anywhere near that has re evaluated their statement when confronted with the facts. ATT customers are lucky to get 30% of what they pay for. Do numerous speedchecks throughout the day every day and you'll see a pattern, the pattern is "ATT customers are getting SCREWED by ATT".
---
BigWorldJust @ bluehat94 11/12/2011 8:37:18 PM "Lol, you know more than me and I beat the game :P." TROLL!! OWNED!
1 year ago#4
Shaw high speed, Canada provider.

Can you do the ps4 net test and post your results please, every topic I find is people testing off a PC.

Settings, Network, Network Test.

Thanks.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
1 year ago#5
Apex-Player posted...
Ok or,
Before I bought my ps4 I read a topic where everyone was saying if you changed some settings, they were getting higher results, about 50% better, but I cant find the topic now.

Does anyone remember this? Or what i'm supposed to change?

Thanks.

Apex-Player, the problem is you're too smart for your own good, you made that clear when you called it on a previous topic about Microsofts meeting with a certain individual and questioned who would really benefit from that meeting, also healthcare.gov on Xbox Drones. The very next day it was announced a "former" lol microsoft employee would personally oversee healthcare.gov and a day later they claimed the problems were fixed.
---
BigWorldJust @ bluehat94 11/12/2011 8:37:18 PM "Lol, you know more than me and I beat the game :P." TROLL!! OWNED!
1 year ago#6
Bloody hell, I remember that but ugh I thought I was talking to someone with a ps4.

Trying to find out how to buff my results, or if its already good.

Haven't predicted the future since that topic but thanks for remembering^^
I also bought a lottery ticket that day, but lost, damn.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
1 year ago#7
There are so many factors that will affect the speeds but on BT Infinity I'm getting 23.5 down and 5.4 up.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
1 year ago#8
Carpetfluff posted...
There are so many factors that will affect the speeds but on BT Infinity I'm getting 23.5 down and 5.4 up.

So mines trashy ahh. Do you remember what others were saying to switch around in the settings that caused everyone to get better results?

It was a topic with lots of replies, everyone improved there speeds by a lot. For the life of me I can't find the topic, and I don't remember what everyone was switching to get those higher results.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
1 year ago#9
Mine sometimes say stuff like 765kb/s download and 19kb/s upload but when I actually download something it's very fast.

The test thing is kinda broken ^^
1 year ago#10
Thought I found out the correct thing, 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4
But I got worse results, 16.4 download, 1.6 upload.
So I swapped it back, now I get 19.7 download, 2.0 upload.
I give up :(
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What is the average download/upload speed, off the ps4 network test?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived