My new PS4 won't turn ON

#1skols155Posted 12/24/2013 5:51:35 AM
Just recieved my PS4 Knack bundle 1 hour ago, delivered by UPS. I connected everything, and when I use power button, I can hear only one beep and blue light, then 2 clicks from back of PS4 and then nothing. Very dissapointed! This is my 2nd broken PS4 from Amazon.

VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbkTfxvGd5I

Anyone had same problem? Anyone know how to fix it?
#2gtaking5Posted 12/24/2013 5:55:19 AM
This is my 2nd broken PS4 from Amazon.

'
Stop ordering from Amazon. I don't know why it's not common knowledge yet, but Amazon is where the majority of the broken PS4's came from.
---
Nobody tells me what I want!
#3JackalPosted 12/24/2013 6:00:13 AM
Well, that sucks.

My only problem was that I used the wrong update when I started mine. I upgraded the hdd but still needed to use the first patch and not the newest.

Your problem is very bad. I would say a PSU failure but I can't say for sure. Return it for a refund and then just go to a store and buy one. They are getting them in now so there is a good chance that you can find one. I just got mine on Sunday from Best Buy.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#4skols155(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 6:05:25 AM
Wish I could, Im from Croatia, shipping will cost about $50 again to send my playstation back in Amazon, and in Croatia, Playstation comming in stores 29.1.2014. I will try to contact sony center, maybe they will fix this.

btw, I used this cable:

http://www.trait-tech.com/uploads/details/T-PCA-1111-1__Euro-Power-Cord-Cable-Figure8-to-2-pin-Euro-Mains-Power-Cord-Cable-Black-1-2M-4FT.jpg

insted of this:

http://i.imgur.com/X4yErrr.jpg

becouse in Croatia we have 2 pin power sockets
#5Leroy_23Posted 12/24/2013 6:09:19 AM
I had the exact same problem. I had to return it and exchange for a new one. There is no troubleshoot fix for this without opening the console which would void the warranty.
#6TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/24/2013 6:19:36 AM
gtaking5 posted...

'
Stop ordering from Amazon. I don't know why it's not common knowledge yet, but Amazon is where the majority of the broken PS4's came from.

Is this actually true or just another Gamefaqs theory stated as fact? I've only had 2 problems in like 7 years with Amazon and both were minor so I'm kinda surprised to hear this.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#7CollCrofterPosted 12/24/2013 6:23:14 AM
Sorry to hear this buddy.

All I can suggest is to make sure that the cable you're using is the correct voltage...?

By the way, Croatia 0-1 Scotland ;)
---
Nobody's perfect, but when you're from Scotland you're pretty damn close!
#8CollCrofterPosted 12/24/2013 6:24:41 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
gtaking5 posted...

'

Is this actually true or just another Gamefaqs theory stated as fact? I've only had 2 problems in like 7 years with Amazon and both were minor so I'm kinda surprised to hear this.

It's a theory. Mine came from Amazon, and it workin perfectly
---
Nobody's perfect, but when you're from Scotland you're pretty damn close!
#9KINDERFELDPosted 12/24/2013 6:27:47 AM
My UPS guy is gonna stand and wait till I hook up my system to make sure it's working or else he's taking it right back with him when he leaves!!!
---
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps
#10gtaking5Posted 12/24/2013 6:29:37 AM

Actually no. This is(probably) fact. If you compare the number of defective units from Amazon to near any other retailer, Amazon has the much, much higher defect rate. This seems to go hand in hand with the majority of the reports I've read. They got it from Amazon. I don't think I've read any reports of people getting DOA consoles from Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Futureshop or Gamestop/EBGames. Just Amazon.

Although, like with everything, it could very well just be blown out of proportion. Aside from the first week or two, the number of defective units has, very strangely, near halted. That "Less than 1%" rate Sony were throwing around seems to be true.

Amazon's broken product review probably played a part in it as well.
---
Nobody tells me what I want!