How to manually Record Gameplay each time and never miss a moment

#11KAnE3o1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2014 2:51:55 PMmessage detail
BloatedSquirrel posted...
Awesome. Thank you for the info. I have many moments in BF4 that I thought I captured and realized it didn't save. And I was doing it the way it said in the capture menu. So many missed moments T_T

No problem and I feel your pain, trust me...lol. That's why I spent 2 hours when I got home from work yesterday testing this out. Now I feel confident in recording my gameplay finally.
---
PSN: KAnE3o1
http://www.youtube.com/KAnE3o1
#1295_EclipsePosted 1/3/2014 5:56:48 PMmessage detail
So what happens if you exceed 15 minutes with that method? That's what I've been doing lately, but I've never gone beyond a few minutes, since I'm usually trying to cap something specific.

The last 15 minutes thing, usually doesn't work when I've tried it, I usually get a random 15 minutes.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#13MaliciousMongoPosted 1/3/2014 6:31:00 PMmessage detail
tag

Thanks for the info.
---
Think of the allergies b4 you applaud. Next time, just sit there & stare blankly at a person to express your support of something. -Madigari on PS4 @ E3 '13
#14ScrapperPosted 1/3/2014 7:44:11 PMmessage detail
Thanks for the info, good to see this is now stickied for everyone to know.
---
GT: Scrapper : PS+: wowVelveeta : Steam: Nickel_n_Dime
#15NeoMonkPosted 1/4/2014 2:45:50 AMmessage detail
Apologists thread to excuse the fact that when you tap the share button it should have recorded your last 15 minutes but it doesn't because the feature is busted right now and it only works when it wants to...

LOOK I'm all for the PS4 > XBOX ONE but stop making excuses for broken software boys.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#16TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/4/2014 8:44:48 AMmessage detail
KAnE3o1 posted...
NeoGrayFAQ posted...
Has anyone here tried restarting their system (ie, not just leaving it in standby?). Someone on the PS forums said that fixes the 15 min recording problem.

The last 15 mins method is still inconsistent even after a full restart. There definitely needs to be a patch.

Too bad because that's the only useful feature to me. It might take like 10 hours of playing time to get just one moment I would did worth seeing again. I don't care to record every single gameplay session just for that moment.

You would think they would've actually tested this to see if it worked properly before releasing the console. These game companies take more and more shortcuts as time goes on.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#17dspmusikPosted 1/4/2014 9:44:21 AMmessage detail
The gameplay recording in Modern Warfare 3 was really good and easy to use. Hopefully this gets as streamlined as that.
Right now the preview window is WAY too small.
---
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Streets Ahead:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
#18Rolling_StonedPosted 1/4/2014 9:54:02 AMmessage detail
Now if they would only change the record double press to the long press I would be set. It seems I do it to fast or too slow for the system to recognize it.
---
PSN: Soapy_Stowned
Apologists are the worst thing to happen to the gaming industry.
#19mjc0961Posted 1/4/2014 11:50:29 AMmessage detail(edited)
I found a better way to manually record gameplay each time and never miss a moment. It's called telling the share button to go f*** itself and using my external capture device. For anyone who can't work a search engine to find out how to do it... Your loss. Have fun uploading your videos to facebook.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#20KAnE3o1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2014 11:54:36 AMmessage detail
mjc0961 posted...
I found a better way to manually record gameplay each time and never miss a moment. It's called telling the share button to go f*** itself and using my external capture device. For anyone who can't work a search engine to find out how to do it... Your loss. Have fun uploading your videos to facebook.

Not everyone has an external capture device or a computer capable of that software. And yes, it does upload to Facebook but there are plenty ways to rip it into a file for uploading to Youtube, etc. And the quality is really good, even better than some of the popular Youtube gaming channels.
---
PSN: KAnE3o1
http://www.youtube.com/KAnE3o1