How to manually Record Gameplay each time and never miss a moment

#61Xhawk2002Posted 5/1/2014 5:08:38 AMmessage detail
Is this still the correct procedure .. even after the 1.70 update ?? Seems they changed the process including having to press the Square button to save the clip ... any chance of updating the original post ?
---
**AC:New Leaf -- WeRadish In LasVegiz**
3DS Friend Code : 5412-9898-4089
#62James MasonPosted 5/5/2014 8:58:32 PMmessage detail(edited)
Basically, to put it simply, here's a quick tuto using the default option for the share button in 1.70.

Boot your game and start playing.

Let's say you're playing and something cool just happened. Press the share button, then square. This will record what just happened, more specifically, the last 15 minutes of what just happened. You can then edit out the unnecessary stuff later on. Very Helpful for getting those bugs and glitches you didn't expect.

Then there's the double tapping , which basically is you deciding to start a recording. This is the best if you know what you're about to shoot, as you can start a beginning and an end... Like, you start a level, double tap share , then once you're done, press the share button, then square to save the video. This helps cutting on the editing necessary, as you're choosing the beginning and end of your clips, rather than relying on the last 15 minutes buffer function. This also means you should be careful about double tapping when you have something good that happened in the last 15 minutes. If that's the case, you might as well Press share once, save that 15 minute clip using square, then double tap to start a recording exactly when you want to... Then again, maybe they fixed the system so it automatically saves the last 15 minutes when you double tap now, I don't really remember... I'm still stuck at 1.60 doing capture at work due to the devkits not having the same firmware yet.

By default, screenshot is a long press. This is pretty bad if you're doing any quick snapshots, so if you're doing bug filing or other stuff, you might want to go with the "Easy Screenshot" Option for the Share button.

This changes things slightly... Making quick press of the share button take a screenshot, a medium press open the menu, and leaving the recording as a double tap. This setup works too, but I still prefer the original setup personally, because I get more control. Like I can hit the "share button" to stop the action briefly, then the game allows me to choose if I want to save the last 15 minutes OR take a screenshot. That's more valuable than hitting the screenshot over and over and relying on a half press for stuff. Basically, I fire off more unwanted shots using option two.
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN : Stealth_Cobra | MGO ID : Killed by Konami's Greed
#63thisguy420Posted 5/13/2014 10:45:27 AMmessage detail
So when I double tap the share button it starts recording. Then after 15 mins a message pops up saying video clip saved. Does it still keep recording after it saves the clip or do I need to double tap again? So hard to get used to share button then square.
---
PSN: SKINS_httr
Hail to the Redskins!
#64RussellGorallPosted 5/15/2014 6:36:05 PMmessage detail
James Mason posted...
Basically, to put it simply, here's a quick tuto using the default option for the share button in 1.70.

Boot your game and start playing.

Let's say you're playing and something cool just happened. Press the share button, then square. This will record what just happened, more specifically, the last 15 minutes of what just happened. You can then edit out the unnecessary stuff later on. Very Helpful for getting those bugs and glitches you didn't expect.

Then there's the double tapping , which basically is you deciding to start a recording. This is the best if you know what you're about to shoot, as you can start a beginning and an end... Like, you start a level, double tap share , then once you're done, press the share button, then square to save the video. This helps cutting on the editing necessary, as you're choosing the beginning and end of your clips, rather than relying on the last 15 minutes buffer function. This also means you should be careful about double tapping when you have something good that happened in the last 15 minutes. If that's the case, you might as well Press share once, save that 15 minute clip using square, then double tap to start a recording exactly when you want to... Then again, maybe they fixed the system so it automatically saves the last 15 minutes when you double tap now, I don't really remember... I'm still stuck at 1.60 doing capture at work due to the devkits not having the same firmware yet.

By default, screenshot is a long press. This is pretty bad if you're doing any quick snapshots, so if you're doing bug filing or other stuff, you might want to go with the "Easy Screenshot" Option for the Share button.

This changes things slightly... Making quick press of the share button take a screenshot, a medium press open the menu, and leaving the recording as a double tap. This setup works too, but I still prefer the original setup personally, because I get more control. Like I can hit the "share button" to stop the action briefly, then the game allows me to choose if I want to save the last 15 minutes OR take a screenshot. That's more valuable than hitting the screenshot over and over and relying on a half press for stuff. Basically, I fire off more unwanted shots using option two.

In other words, it still doesn't work.
---
Winners always lose.
#65mafia97Posted 5/23/2014 4:02:08 AMmessage detail
thisguy420 posted...
So when I double tap the share button it starts recording. Then after 15 mins a message pops up saying video clip saved. Does it still keep recording after it saves the clip or do I need to double tap again? So hard to get used to share button then square.

It stops recording there. Previously it used to continue recording till share button was pressed again.
But now it stops after 15 minutes
You have to double tap again when you get that video file saved notification.
#66mafia97Posted 5/23/2014 4:04:07 AMmessage detail
lazyb0y posted...
So the double tap the share button to record long periods of time is no longer working after this update... Well for me anyway. Anyone else? I know you now have to press the square button but, that only records the last 15 mins..

Yup not working now.
#67natrapslivePosted 5/26/2014 9:23:29 AMmessage detail
"Xbox Record That"

and done.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: natraps
#68BassnaPosted 5/27/2014 1:32:18 PMmessage detail
natrapslive posted...
"Xbox Record That"

and done.

Exactly what I was thinking. Lol I cannot believe how hard this is for PS4 users. That's gotta be terrible. I'd be so mad
---
XBL = Bassna OG
#69ReDDevil2112Posted 6/4/2014 7:41:38 AMmessage detail(edited)
I dunno, when I saw my friend's xbox, he had to say it a good 5 times before the system did anything. On multiple occasions. Still, at least it works.
---
Posted with GameRaven 2.0.4
#70natrapslivePosted 6/5/2014 8:50:12 PMmessage detail
ReDDevil2112 posted...
I dunno, when I saw my friend's xbox, he had to say it a good 5 times before the system did anything. On multiple occasions. Still, at least it works.

Works every time for me unless I have tv volume way up and i''m trying to say it while there is a generous amount of bg noise.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: natraps