#2Nemesis805Posted 1/9/2014 6:44:02 AM
Up yours kid.
---
GT: ll Nemesis ll
PSN: Wyno-King
#3Winged_MasamunePosted 1/9/2014 6:47:41 AM
SnoicFactor posted...
only because you don't own one, doesn't mean it's not current gen. Just sayin'

And everything is your perspective. To PC users you're playing around on an NES controller. Lol!
#4RybalPosted 1/9/2014 6:48:49 AM
I still disagree. I've explained my rationale on multiple occasions, but I'll do it yet again.

The biggest indicator that a new generation has become "current gen" in the minds of consumers is when we are no longer seeing most games come out on both the older and the newer systems.

Furthermore, until the number of new games in general for the newer system exceeds the number of new games for the older system, it isn't "current" for most people.

Until you get to the point where you can ask people if they have a Playstation or an Xbox and have them think of the PS4 or X1 as the default, rather than PS3 or 360, it isn't really current gen.

Current gen or next gen is more of a concept than a hard and fast rule.
---
To all trolls (and those that are tired of the trolling) - http://goo.gl/YVX7op
PSN: Rybal_81
#5Jerk_BeefyPosted 1/9/2014 6:51:15 AM
Colloquially, "next gen" remains thus until the bulk of development shifts from "current gen." Stop trying to be such a smartass and realize that language and meanings are inherently malleable.
#6FoppePosted 1/9/2014 6:55:52 AM
It is true that nextgen technically became currentgen when Wii U was released, it is still acceptable to say nextgen at this period of time.
It is too early to talk about the next generation of hardware and both currentgen and lastgen are still running strong so everybody should know what everybody means when they say nextgen.
It's not rocket science.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#7Rennik RepotsirPosted 1/9/2014 6:56:42 AM
Oh s***! He is right! I should get a next-gen system so I can be in current-gen, even though there are no games I want to play. It's all about looking good for the internet people who often make up their own definitions in the first place! Thanks for correcting my terminology through the lack of not having something I don't want this... very... second...

*Jumps off*
---
FREE BUMP!!!
Nothing personal... I'm just bored...
#8SoaD0031Posted 1/9/2014 6:58:20 AM
amen
---
Live: X-BOner69
PSN: SoaD_009
#9Pontificus32390Posted 1/9/2014 9:37:29 AM
next gen is next gen until current gen is mostly dead. welcome to the start of last gen...or current gen I guess.
---
i5 3570k @ 4.3 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 7870 2GB | 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Current Platforms: 3DS, PC, PS4, PS3, Vita, Wii U, X1, X360
#10UniversquallPosted 1/9/2014 9:46:27 AM
It's next gen until a third console joins it.
---
After The Fallout. Beyond Rapture. Believe In the Fireflies