Jumping Ship from Xbox One

#1DeathDealerKSPosted 1/9/2014 5:36:09 PM
Hey everyone, just decided to share somewhere the news I had to break to some gaming buddies, decided after much post CES news to jump ship from Xbox One to PS4.

I am loyal to the best system, not any company, and while I had hoped and bet on MS, the news that keeps coming out is just too much to ignore. So in case anyone else is on the fence or cares, here it what made an Xbox One fan switch in brief:

-MS continued focus on answering tough questions with, "You can watch TV!"
-The horrid interface and friends list
-Sony's mmo catalog, especially Everquest Next.
-Sony Play
-Playstation Plus (I used to have a ps3, and through various promotions have 4 years of psplus already)
-DayZ exclusive
-Blizzard partnership and diablo exclusive
-The awesome dedication by Sony to indie developers, while MS got rid of arcade completely and has no desire to push for it.
-Don't care about Halo, and Titanfall I can play on PC, which wipes clean 2014's slate of "exclusives."
-Dominant Market Share, the truth is, market share gets the most niche support, and niche games are great for my wife and kids.
-Tech issues. Take away all the fanboyism and the PS4 is still 50% more powerful, and that WILL matter in several years. I can't ignore the news about 720p Titanfall and others.

-The first party lineup. I have to say, they are turning heads with sequels to games I didn't even like that much. Second Son looks great, as does more god of war, warhawk like stuff, etc.

I still think the Xbox One is a great console for what it is, and people should be happy that have it. I have been enjoying it a lot. But, in the end I just don't see the long term being better on One. And I can't bloody lose DayZ and the console Diablo with expansion and exclusive features.
---
Kratos is neither a good guy or bad guy, he is a bad ass. He can do whatever the hell he wants...
#2moz-182Posted 1/9/2014 5:37:54 PM
Dayz exclusive?
#3HorridhalPosted 1/9/2014 5:38:15 PM
Welcome.

Please don't troll.

That is all.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#4DeathDealerKS(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 8:00:19 PM
Oh, and I'm not even interested in Killzone :P
---
Kratos is neither a good guy or bad guy, he is a bad ass. He can do whatever the hell he wants...
#5crazyman32Posted 1/9/2014 8:02:03 PM
Horridhal posted...
Welcome.

Please don't troll.

That is all.

---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#6Valor_PhoenixPosted 1/9/2014 8:11:47 PM(edited)
Welcome to the party.

---

The creator of the standalone zombie survival game says that Microsoft has forced his hand.

Dean "Rocket" Hall is working on a standalone version of his popular Arma II mod, DayZ, and has been for... a good while. Despite the numerous delays, Hall is looking ahead and says that the game will likely come to next-gen consoles after the PC release. After hearing the details of the Xbox One, however, Hall may only be bringing DayZ to the PC and PS4, considering Microsoft's indie-unfriendly policies.

"We're happy to see DayZ on any console," Hall says, "but there is a... I guess one problem. The console needs to not charge for us to do updates and it needs to be indie title friendly." As it stands, the Xbox One is zero for two on those requirements: Microsoft's running strategy restricts indie publishing, and their policy of charging exorbitant fees for post-release patches has proved disruptive for even the most successful indie studios.

Meanwhile, Sony has been expressing interest in getting DayZ onto the PS4 for months now, and Hall is attracted to their free patching policy - especially given the bug-ridden status of DayZ. "It's gonna take a long time for us to be able to iron this out and we don't wanna have to be paying ten, twenty thousand dollars - whatever it is - every time we wanna do an update."

Hall did mention that he's not ethically opposed to an Xbox One port in the future, but it won't come without change from Microsoft. In other words... don't hold your breath.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125057-DayZ-Coming-to-PS4-Ditching-Xbox-One
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/9/2014 8:09:48 PM
moz-182 posted...
Dayz exclusive?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/DayZ-Standalone-Set-Release-PS4-Xbox-One-56760.html
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#81nternationa7Posted 1/9/2014 8:13:51 PM
First time I heard of Everquest Next. Looked it up now and it's shaping up to be pretty epic. Thanks for mentioning it TC.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#9BoomerTheGreatPosted 1/9/2014 8:23:58 PM
TC says his PC is good for Titanfall but not DayZ and indies?
---
Greatness comes from within
#10ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/9/2014 8:26:25 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
moz-182 posted...
Dayz exclusive?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/DayZ-Standalone-Set-Release-PS4-Xbox-One-56760.html

That's actually some awesome news. I did not know at all. I thought DayZ was going to be a PC exclusive.
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
XBL Gold in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/cT6qYn4