Was Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance recieved well in JP?

#1BlackmagikksPosted 1/15/2014 2:10:51 PM
Maybe I'm way off base but it seems like its a much more western style compared to Japans usual RPG's and slower action base like MGS, but it's a pretty awesome take on the series, especially since they have the opportunity to tack it on the end of the solid snake series.
---
League of Legends: Blackmagikk
Getta taste of dah voodoo.
#2The_DjokerPosted 1/15/2014 4:23:04 PM
Whether it did well in Japan or not wouldn't make any difference to potential Sequel. Any AAA budget console game is developed with Western Market in mind. That's why most of the bigger JPN games like DQ and MH are portable focused. Console market in Japan is Tiny compared to NA/Europe. Especially compared to Ps2 gen.
---
http://s18.postimg.org/mci4aub49/image.png
#3RyzekiPosted 1/15/2014 4:33:18 PM
Blackmagikks posted...
Maybe I'm way off base but it seems like its a much more western style compared to Japans usual RPG's and slower action base like MGS, but it's a pretty awesome take on the series, especially since they have the opportunity to tack it on the end of the solid snake series.

Yeah a bit off base completely. MGR is as japanese as you can get. It even screams shonen as it is.

And was made entirely by japanese developers. By well regarded platinum.

mGR is not a metal gear game. Personally it is a great action game that has no need or bearing to metal gear name. As such, i regard it the worst metal gear game.

They should make sequel for all the new fans but a thankfully we will still have proper mgs games. Hopefully.
---
Core i7 4700MQ | | 16GB DDR3L || 128GB SSD + 1TB || GTX780M OC
#4true_gamer80Posted 1/15/2014 5:34:39 PM
mGR is not a metal gear game.

umm ya its a metal gear game, in fact one would think the title,story and its content would kinda help one figure that out.

Now if you said its not a MGS game I would agree
---
D-FLY - Chicago's most underrated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB0dNPsfhvo
#5RyzekiPosted 1/15/2014 5:45:25 PM
true_gamer80 posted...

umm ya its a metal gear game, in fact one would think the title,story and its content would kinda help one figure that out.

And you would agree because it is MGR and not MGS. Pointless comment if you understood the point.
---
#6true_gamer80Posted 1/15/2014 5:46:43 PM
Ryzeki posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

And you would agree because it is MGR and not MGS. Pointless comment if you understood the point.

I think the point went over your head lol.....
---
D-FLY - Chicago's most underrated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB0dNPsfhvo
#7RyzekiPosted 1/15/2014 5:51:45 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
Ryzeki posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

I think the point went over your head lol.....

Seriously??
---
#8DelRowePosted 1/15/2014 5:56:07 PM
At no point during the game did I think it felt more like a Western title. The action is WAY over the top. Clearly Japanese.
---
You are not in control.
#9RyzekiPosted 1/15/2014 5:58:18 PM
DelRowe posted...
At no point during the game did I think it felt more like a Western title. The action is WAY over the top. Clearly Japanese.

Yep. Infact it is one of the best examples of japanese ideology behind the genre and the audience it aims.
---
#10Mr_SociopathPosted 1/15/2014 6:01:19 PM
I don't want to get into an argument, but I don't understand it when people say this isn't a metal gear game. It features the main protagonist from MGS2, expands on ideas and themes from MGS2 including some character development, progresses the MGS4 universe in logical ways, and features tons of MGS trademark sounds and iconography, as well as doing what MGS is really known for: addressing big ideas. In MGR's case, it's the history of some geopolitics, the continued uncomfortable relationship with humanity/nature and technology, and the nuanced crossings of morality with emotions, economics, pragmatism, etc., as well as other philosophical topics.

Hell, it felt more like a metal gear game than MGS4 did to me.
---
Perhaps it was my poor grammar that led the lead mod to not restore my prostitute killing post. - rabid