Gamestop price increase

#1RobZombie56Posted 1/22/2014 5:18:28 PM
This is very likely old news, but I just heard it directly from Gamestop/ EB games after reading the rumors online.

Gamestop (In Canada) is going to be increasing the cost of playstation 4 games from 59.99 to 64.99.

This isn't something the game companies or Sony are doing. This is just Gamestop "Trying to cushion the damages they are taking from not doing nearly as well with used games sales for this gen of systems"

How redicoulous is that??

A huge number of gamers if not the majority of gamers are tough with their wallets. It won't take them long to say "why is this game still 59.99 at Walmart/target/amazon?"

People just wont buy form them anymore.

It seems like such a stupid move to me....
#2TheNonBelieverPosted 1/22/2014 5:19:09 PM
other retailers are starting to do it as well
#3Yuji_IkaidoPosted 1/22/2014 5:21:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that has to do with the value of the Canadian dollar.

I'm not sure though, I still am not exactly clear on wtf Canada even is.
#4LinkinLawgPosted 1/22/2014 5:21:43 PM
It's pretty hard to make money off used games from this gen when there aren't many new games available and the trade-in rate is low.
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#5Sailor GoonPosted 1/22/2014 5:21:46 PM
I wish people would stop making these topics. Nothing has been confirmed yet by anyone.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#6PhoenixPrincePosted 1/22/2014 5:22:43 PM
It's amazing how butthurt the GameStop haters are. Other retailers in Canada are doing it too. It has to do with the exchange rate. And it's only in Canada.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
3DS FC: 4596-9684-4261
#7skermacPosted 1/22/2014 5:23:00 PM
RobZombie56 posted...
This is very likely old news, but I just heard it directly from Gamestop/ EB games after reading the rumors online.

Gamestop (In Canada) is going to be increasing the cost of playstation 4 games from 59.99 to 64.99.

This isn't something the game companies or Sony are doing. This is just Gamestop "Trying to cushion the damages they are taking from not doing nearly as well with used games sales for this gen of systems"

How redicoulous is that??

A huge number of gamers if not the majority of gamers are tough with their wallets. It won't take them long to say "why is this game still 59.99 at Walmart/target/amazon?"

People just wont buy form them anymore.

It seems like such a stupid move to me....

Will never affect me. I buy maybe one new game a year, except I bought 2 new ones for the PS4 thus year. . The rest I buy used from Ebay, much cheaper than used games at GS. A game selling for $40 in GS I usually get for $25 or $30on Ebay. I never shop in GS except for the rare games I pre-order.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#8RobZombie56(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 5:32:28 PM
Sailor Goon
Posted 1/22/2014 7:21:46 PM
message detail
I wish people would stop making these topics. Nothing has been confirmed yet by anyone.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh

The thing is IT IS confirmed. Go ask for a preorder on games coming up after march and see what the total is.

Target and Walmart are both saying they have no plans to change the price. That doesn't mean it will never change. All i'm saying is as of now all we know for sure is that Gamestop IS doing it.
#9stekim40Posted 1/22/2014 5:37:56 PM
TC, the correct spelling is 'ridiculous'.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#1095_EclipsePosted 1/22/2014 5:43:47 PM
Yuji_Ikaido posted...
I'm pretty sure that has to do with the value of the Canadian dollar.

I'm not sure though, I still am not exactly clear on wtf Canada even is.

We store trees and snow there.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.