Too Many Side Missions In Open World Games Is A Bad Idea

#71SirLemontPosted 1/27/2014 3:00:11 AM
Tsuruke posted...
SirLemont posted...

Yes it is, especially if the amount of side missions isn't up to quality. That also goes for DLC. The fact that they're included doesn't make them automatically good. Regardless of their requirement, if side missions aren't up to par, then they drag the WHOLE game down. And you saying that people don't have to do them shortens the lifespan,and the value of the game. They'll be back on the shelves at GameStop far quicker than developers desire if we follow your logic. So, your argument is an even more ridiculous one.

Actually it isn't and I fail to see any supporting facts or evidence that dictate otherwise.
You may think my argument is ridiculous to you but alas, that is subjective and my argument is still valid nonetheless.

Riveting tale though.

Of course you do. Admitting otherwise would make your entire argument null, void, and pointless. But regardless of what you think, there isn't any part of a videogame that's free of criticism, regardless of requirement, especially if you're paying real money for it.
#72nableetPosted 1/27/2014 5:06:24 AM
I like side missions in games, but I tend to have an OCD when it comes to completing them! I would prefer less but better quality and more diverse side quests, rather than loads of samey boring side quests.

Have they fixed Skyrim? Or do you still stumble accross named enemies that don't drop a quest reward if you aren't on the quest, thus preventing you from completing the side quest? Was what made me quit playing and not pick up again.
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#73TheOffspringFanPosted 1/27/2014 5:19:50 AM
but ive never played a game where side missions are mandatory

so if you dont like them, dont do them?

whats the issue?

throw in 800 side missions as far as im concerned

if i enjoy them, all the better for me!

if i hate them, ill just blast through story and on to next game

this is like the biggest non-issue/first world problem crybaby complaint ever
---
PSN ID: Valkyr83
Currently Playing: Grand Theft Auto V, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#74Sephiroth ClonePosted 1/27/2014 6:03:51 AM
I have over 100 hours in a Skyrim save file and haven't even seen the greybeards yet. Not sure if its a good or bad idea.
---
Current Playing: With myself.
PSN: ThePorl2
#75TsurukePosted 1/27/2014 6:14:29 AM(edited)
SirLemont posted...
Tsuruke posted...
SirLemont posted...

Yes it is, especially if the amount of side missions isn't up to quality. That also goes for DLC. The fact that they're included doesn't make them automatically good. Regardless of their requirement, if side missions aren't up to par, then they drag the WHOLE game down. And you saying that people don't have to do them shortens the lifespan,and the value of the game. They'll be back on the shelves at GameStop far quicker than developers desire if we follow your logic. So, your argument is an even more ridiculous one.

Actually it isn't and I fail to see any supporting facts or evidence that dictate otherwise.
You may think my argument is ridiculous to you but alas, that is subjective and my argument is still valid nonetheless.

Riveting tale though.

Of course you do. Admitting otherwise would make your entire argument null, void, and pointless. But regardless of what you think, there isn't any part of a videogame that's free of criticism, regardless of requirement, especially if you're paying real money for it.

No, admitting to it would not. Thats not how Logic works my friend. you just don't have a valid argument to address mine. And especially with your last statement, you clearly did not read all of my posts. Before you attempt to address me again, please go back and read as I am not saying that any and/or all aspects of a game can not be criticized.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of a filthy casual]
#76gamefaqwatcherPosted 1/28/2014 3:47:39 AM
Sephiroth Clone posted...
I have over 100 hours in a Skyrim save file and haven't even seen the greybeards yet. Not sure if its a good or bad idea.

Good for the gamer, somewhat bad in the publisher's eyes. The development team they invested money in was spent in content most people won't see. I'm not saying it's bad. Like i said, it's a win for us.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#77BeasthuntPosted 1/28/2014 5:20:31 AM
I came in with a negative mind in this but I would much rather have tons of stuff ti explore and interact with then more side missions.
---
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt.
Acts 2:38