why'd you buy a ps4 already?

#41RybalPosted 1/24/2014 4:08:15 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
the price will come down 50 bucks by the end of 2014 probably...you have to be in dire need of infamous second son or it simply doesnt make sense to buy one now

Nope - E3 2015 at the earliest. TGS or November 2015 are just as likely, though. Honestly, the X1 would have to have a pretty significant drop in price (i.e. $100) before the PS4 would need to drop, so 2016 isn't actually out of the question. Late 2015 is my best guess - 18 months has generally been the soonest for Sony.

As for why, that expectation of a long wait for a price drop coupled with the fact that there are a number of games coming out within the next year that I am really excited about means that there was really no point in waiting.
---
To all trolls (and those that are tired of the trolling) - http://goo.gl/YVX7op
PSN: Rybal_81
#42Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 4:31:39 PM
The_Darkwalker posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
its too early, and you know it. whyd you do it? impatient? resogun fanboy? hype train? because you needed a bluray player and happened to not own a ps3?

Why does it matter so much to you personally that you had to create a topic on an Internet message board about it?

why does it matter that i ask questions instead of be selfish and only care about my own likes and desires? because that would be a pretty boring life...
#43GirgantePosted 1/25/2014 12:37:35 AM
skermac posted...
xKirbz posted...
Got mine to support Sony.

That is a terrible reason. If you want to support Sony send them some money once in a while. But buy a console to game with. Only a non gamer or a casual gamers would buy one to support Sony.

I bought mine to play games, don't care about Sony or any other big business. And I don't support game companies either, I buy almost all my games used on Ebay. I love gaming and do it as chealy as possible.

Good thing that not everyone is a cheapskate like you or the industry would die..
---
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
PSN: Girgante
#44GamingNerd2013Posted 1/25/2014 12:55:50 AM
Honestly, I saw an opening and I took it. With the demand of PS4s (and it is in HIGH demand) it is often sold out in stores and online for months. When they do have them in stock, it only takes a day (maybe even less than a day) before they get sold out again. Besides, I already sold my PS3 8 months ago and recently sold my Vita so I definitely need a PS4 for my gaming needs.
#45PaulwalnutsPosted 1/25/2014 2:22:25 AM
Because Infamous is coming out pretty soon.
---
Lippy sarcasm means fight time.
#46Golden MavenPosted 1/25/2014 2:43:30 AM
GamingNerd2013 posted...
Honestly, I saw an opening and I took it. With the demand of PS4s (and it is in HIGH demand) it is often sold out in stores and online for months. When they do have them in stock, it only takes a day (maybe even less than a day) before they get sold out again. Besides, I already sold my PS3 8 months ago and recently sold my Vita so I definitely need a PS4 for my gaming needs.

sold out for months? it's only been out for 2!
#47spacedeletePosted 1/25/2014 8:49:08 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
the price will come down 50 bucks by the end of 2014 probably...you have to be in dire need of infamous second son or it simply doesnt make sense to buy one now

i'm getting one because i can and personally thought the 360 and PS3 gen were terrible so the quicker i move onto next gen the better. lifes too short waiting for price drops.
#48BeefEasterPosted 1/25/2014 9:19:32 AM
Golden Maven posted...
GamingNerd2013 posted...

the plural of "month" is "months"

"plurar" means "more than one"
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#49DK DeathKnightPosted 1/25/2014 9:21:38 AM
Golden Maven posted...
GamingNerd2013 posted...

True but some retail stores in some countries won't have any available until April. Either they have a massive waiting list or the stocks aren't getting replenished
---
PSN: CrowsZero_
Playing: Battlefield 4, Knack, Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush
#50pwnater777Posted 1/25/2014 9:23:47 AM
To lock in having a console while everyone else scours around to find one. Plus, Resogun was free for December. Score.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe