MS Penello getting defensive on 1080p/60FPS: ".It's not that great.."

#51ElectricMolePosted 1/27/2014 2:37:45 PM
OnslaughtX posted...
Lick1234 posted...
i agree with him the fps and 1080p thing is not a big deal bunch of nerds going crazy over some nerds things

Last gen a few extra blades of grass proved the undeniable superiority of the 360...

Red Dead Redemption
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#52UniversquallPosted 1/27/2014 2:38:36 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
I wonder how many people who are laughing at/slamming this guy are people who said the exact same thing last generation when PC Gamers pointed out 1080p/60fps as a benefit of playing on PC.

That's what Microsoft should do to defend their console next. Mention the PC. Oh wait they already have.
---
After The Fallout. Beyond Rapture. Believe In the Fireflies
#53vexermasterPosted 1/27/2014 2:39:36 PM
Universquall posted...
OnslaughtX posted...
Last gen a few extra blades of grass proved the undeniable superiority of the 360...

Please don't talk down the shrubs.

I think I want this to be my new signature
---
Wii-bendo's...Wii-bend-over? *Runs away*
#54UniversquallPosted 1/27/2014 2:39:49 PM
MattFoley posted...
Everyone just relax. Anyone thinking of the console war being won in the 1st 3months of launch is an idiot. Just look at the 360 v PS3.

Recap
* Multi-Platform was terrible on the PS3 (Skyrim anyone?) and almost every game was better on the 360

* Price. $600 for the PS3 was way more expensive then the 360 (got to get a second job)

* No rumble. Remember when Phil Harrison came out and said rumble was not a big deal and people did not need it. Sixaxis was the future!

360 was destroying the PS3 in sales to start off with. But it is a long road. PS3 came back and sales are pretty much equal. Once devs learned how to develop games PS3 had some amazing graphics and games.

So before we completely write off the One (which would be bad for gamers everywhere) let's give it some time. The One is one amazing exclusive and price drop from making a big come back so just give it time.

And stop with the hate. I get everyone loves to hate the Xbox on the internet, but MS did some great things for consoles. First rate on-line gaming, fantastic controller, that forced changes across the industry that made games better for everyone.

Disclosure, I have owned every Sony and MS consoles, so I like to think I am pretty unbiased.

lol
---
#55MattFoleyPosted 1/27/2014 3:15:06 PM
Universquall posted...
MattFoley posted...
Everyone just relax. Anyone thinking of the console war being won in the 1st 3months of launch is an idiot. Just look at the 360 v PS3.

Recap
* Multi-Platform was terrible on the PS3 (Skyrim anyone?) and almost every game was better on the 360

* Price. $600 for the PS3 was way more expensive then the 360 (got to get a second job)

* No rumble. Remember when Phil Harrison came out and said rumble was not a big deal and people did not need it. Sixaxis was the future!

360 was destroying the PS3 in sales to start off with. But it is a long road. PS3 came back and sales are pretty much equal. Once devs learned how to develop games PS3 had some amazing graphics and games.

So before we completely write off the One (which would be bad for gamers everywhere) let's give it some time. The One is one amazing exclusive and price drop from making a big come back so just give it time.

And stop with the hate. I get everyone loves to hate the Xbox on the internet, but MS did some great things for consoles. First rate on-line gaming, fantastic controller, that forced changes across the industry that made games better for everyone.

Disclosure, I have owned every Sony and MS consoles, so I like to think I am pretty unbiased.

lol

Just curious, what part of that do you find funny? That people destroyed the PS3 when it came out and that many of the criticisms of the PS3 are the same for the Xbox One? Or that you that the PS3 came back even after they royally screwed up the PS3 launch? Or that you think Microsoft, a multi-billion company is going to do nothing about the One launch and are not going to fix anything that is wrong with the One.

I have loved my Sony consoles. The PS1 is one of my favorite consoles of all-time. But many Sony fanboys can be so annoying. I think they have done a great job and I like the improvements to my PS4 (I even own a Vita). But Sony fanboys can be so blinded by the hater attitude to MS, then it is a struggle to have a decent conversation with people about which console is the right fit for someone.
#56UniversquallPosted 1/27/2014 3:21:06 PM
That Multi-Billion corp released the slowest and lowest selling console last gen. They weren't able to change that. The XTV1 isn't some hard to develop for Cell machine that they are going to suddenly go "Oh now we get it". They don't have some secret. The fraud cloud isn't going to fix their multi-plat problems.
---
#57BloodyDove2vsPosted 1/27/2014 3:26:59 PM
Penello. less damage control and more 1080p games.
---
1080p is the Holy Grail of HD resolution minus the XB1M13.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#58dragoonmikePosted 1/28/2014 3:39:01 AM(edited)
meh it's Microsoft they talk and crap fly's out of there mouth
#59NeoMonkPosted 1/28/2014 3:40:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cQCWacC.gif

Not sure if that's been posted... so yeah....
Framerate or not, 1080 or not... something is wrong with the XB1
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#60OmegaTavoPosted 1/28/2014 4:24:35 AM
Universquall posted...
MattFoley posted...

Recap

lol

---
A proud contributor of the videogame industry since 1987