Games everyone hates, but you like?

#1ShihaliPosted 1/26/2014 7:49:48 PM
We've had lots of threads for games everyone likes but you hate.

But what about games that everyone else seems to hate, but you like?

For me, it's Final Fantasy 2. The perception is that the game is absurdly hard, the leveling system is incomprehensible, and the best way to level up is to hit yourself. My experience is that the game is less grindy than the average NES RPG due to a good gameplay curve and higher stat gains from longer battles, the leveling system is explained in the manual, and hitting yourself is a good way to make the final boss really hard. There are two critical pieces of information that are not explained well (or at all) in the manual - how to raise Agility and Intelligence/Spirit penalties - but with them the game is your oyster.

What are some games you think are just misunderstood?
#2NextGenRNPosted 1/26/2014 7:52:05 PM
I enjoyed Aliens: Colonial Marines. Yeah - I'm the one positive review circulating out there haha.
#3Pharsti01Posted 1/26/2014 8:05:35 PM
Game of Thrones?

Heard it got a lot of negative buzz, i loved it, sure, the gameplay isnt the best, found it ok, and its definitely rough around the edges, but its a damn good game with interesting characters and a good story, well, worth it.

And im not even a fan of it,i have a policy on only reading something when the author finishes it, hate cliffhangers on books, hate not being able to read till the end, hate when the author does not finish it, so i have avoided Game of Thrones for a long time now..... i know theres a series, but theyre always not up to par with the books theyre based off.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#4ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/26/2014 8:09:14 PM
Final Fantasy 12, or CoD: MW2. Love those games, don't understand why people dislike them.
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
XBL Gold in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/cT6qYn4
#5DarthUchiha91Posted 1/26/2014 8:09:31 PM
Id say Resident evil 6 and Final fantasy Xiii. I was really enjoying the combat system in FF cause it had flexibility and was fast paced while still being RPG, and It was fun doing co op with friends in RE6 on No Hope difficulty.
---
Man plans, God Laughs-Psalm 33:10
#6Anodyne11Posted 1/26/2014 8:11:21 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Final Fantasy 12, or CoD: MW2. Love those games, don't understand why people dislike them.

FFXII was great. It's actually liked by a lot of people. I certainly hear people say they like it a lot more often than dislike nowadays.
And Star Ocean 3 gets a lot of hate from fans of the series for going out there though I love the game. It's one of my favourite games of all time.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#795_EclipsePosted 1/26/2014 8:16:31 PM
Games that require skill.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#8GamerRafPosted 1/26/2014 8:16:34 PM
HyperDimension Neptunia. I love the series but seems like people hate the games.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#9Joey2coolPosted 1/26/2014 8:16:45 PM
RE6.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#10ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/26/2014 8:26:53 PM
Anodyne11 posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

FFXII was great. It's actually liked by a lot of people. I certainly hear people say they like it a lot more often than dislike nowadays.
And Star Ocean 3 gets a lot of hate from fans of the series for going out there though I love the game. It's one of my favourite games of all time.

I haven't stumbled onto these positive people as much as you have, it seems. Mentioning any FF beyond 10 causes all the FF fans to eat you alive.
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
XBL Gold in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/cT6qYn4