Why Infamous SS might be better than expected/story *** SPOILERS***

#1skermacPosted 1/27/2014 12:20:06 PM
I wasn't too interested in this game until a few minutes ago when I read the main characters are Troy Baker who played my man Joel in The Last of Us and Laua Bailey who was Serah Farron in FF XIII.

Well, they both are in a lot of games, but I cant wait to hear see them again, in different forms obviously, but I will like hearing their voice again! I'm still not gonna buy it but it will be a good rental.

If anyone still doesn't know the story/plot here it is, and who do you think the returning familiar faces are?

Second Son is set seven years after the good ending of Infamous 2, in which Cole MacGrath activated the Ray Field Inhibitor (RFI) to destroy a Conduit (superhumans named for their ability to "channel" powers) named John White, also known as the Beast. The explosion that resulted was originally thought to have killed all Conduits across the globe; however, those outside of the blast radius or with a natural resistance have survived. Fearing the Conduits' abilities after the destruction of Empire City, the US eastern seaboard and the worldwide economy, the Department of Unified Protection (DUP) is formed. Now, major cities across the United States are heavily monitored for Conduit activity, whom the DUP have labeled collectively as "bio-terrorists".

The game is set in Seattle, Washington, now under DUP jurisdiction. Players control Delsin Rowe (Troy Baker), a 24-year-old graffiti artist with no real direction in life. One day, Delsin witnesses a bus crash and attempts to help; in the process, he comes in contact with a Conduit, and his own hidden Conduit abilities awaken. With his new abilities and his older brother Reggie (Travis Willingham), a police officer, Delsin dedicates himself to fighting back against the oppressive DUP, as well as other Conduits such as Abigail "Fetch" Walker (Laura Bailey). In an interview, it was stated that for InFamous fans there would be a few familiar faces in the game, but it 'would ruin the joy of discovering them' to reveal exactly which known characters will be present in Second Son.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2Reverted_PikkonPosted 1/27/2014 12:22:17 PM
I thought they used the Bad Ending to build this one off of? Now I am disappointed. I remember reading that they took the trophy data, and most people chose the evil ending so they went with that.
---
3DS, Vita, Wii U and PS4 owner.
2/3 of next gen down so far.
#3AirWolfSoundPosted 1/27/2014 12:22:49 PM
I'll forever remember Laura Bailey as the voice of Trunks in Dragonball Z. Also, she is so damn beautiful.
#4L4YER_CAKEPosted 1/27/2014 12:22:52 PM
Literally NONE of this is new information. Why?
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#5curtlandPosted 1/27/2014 12:24:20 PM
I have never (and this is no offense to the TC AT ALL because this is my issue and not his...) cared about who does what voice in a video game.

No clue why, because I love watching movies with my favorite actors in them. But VO for video games?

...meh.

I'm more concerned with gameplay and content. I'm sure both voice actors will do a great job, but honestly I wouldn't be any more or less interested in this game if they got Joe Schlub fresh out of drama class.

:P
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#6DelRowePosted 1/27/2014 12:24:29 PM
Lol. Skermac will find some dumb reason next week to start hating on the game again.
---
You are not in control.
#7skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 12:33:08 PM
DelRowe posted...
Lol. Skermac will find some dumb reason next week to start hating on the game again.

I will only hate on it IF the gameplay is less than 10 hours. With no mp there best be way over 20 hours.
---
#8GuitaristMattPosted 1/27/2014 12:34:16 PM
Reverted_Pikkon posted...
I thought they used the Bad Ending to build this one off of? Now I am disappointed. I remember reading that they took the trophy data, and most people chose the evil ending so they went with that.

Most picked the good ending, sorry.
---
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#9skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 12:37:34 PM

I liked the bad ending better. I think it would have been better if they built it off that.
---
#10RD_21Posted 1/27/2014 1:14:07 PM

You are 95% right! except for the fact that the good ending was the most played.