Let's stop pretending exclusives are good for anyone please

#11Yuji_Ikaido(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 12:58:48 PM
doughnutman posted...
And then there wouldn't be a need for more than one system.

Why isn't there just one system guys.

Monopolies are good.

A lot of exclusives are made by that company. Why would games made by Sony be on xbox?

Wrong. There are more than enough selling points with the consoles themselves and that's enough. A piece of hardware should be judged as a piece of hardware.

But when one company throws out billions of dollars to prevent the other guy from getting good titles, it means what could have otherwise been a superior product gets screwed over and so do the consumers.

Sure, it can be good news for the company to gain success with business tactics, but it is always bad news for the consumer. You want the best software you want on the product you want. These limits always hurt consumers.
#12RafedxPosted 1/27/2014 12:59:44 PM
Yuji_Ikaido posted...
Whether a title is exclusive for PS4 or Xbone, it is bad news for gamers. How does this help you in any way shape or form? It doesn't. It only hurts people that like a certain game. It's time to stop supporting the idea of exclusives even if they're in your favor.

A title being exclusive is always bad news.

What would be the point in buying any of the systems then? People would buy the more powerful machine, the others would go out of business and the games that would have been exclusive might not ever actually be made and we would end up seeing sub par games because lets face it, why try when people have only 1 choice.

The fact we have more then one console and multiple exclusive titles is great for the industry. It creates competition which in turn forces developers to try harder to make a game people want to play in hopes that people will by that system and its exclusive titles.

A title being exclusive is only bad news if you cannot afford the other system so you need to really be sure on which console is the right one for you, or save your money and buy the other one as well. If you cannot afford it then to damn bad.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic
#1395_EclipsePosted 1/27/2014 1:00:35 PM
RoxasANobody posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
Or just buy the console with the games you like. It's a selling point for the consoles they aren't going anywhere.

Derp?

Sorry I don't speak idiot.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#14ProcyanPosted 1/27/2014 1:01:46 PM
Because playing Kingdom Hearts 3 on the bone is just going to be incredibly wrong, just like FF13 was
---
PSN and XBL: CloudStrife768 - Send me a msg if you want to add me, blank requests will be deleted
3DS FC: 4511 - 1054 - 7640
#15GoldenJoe24Posted 1/27/2014 1:01:53 PM
Exclusives are the very best games that a console has to offer. They enjoy the most focused design and development. They are also the only reason that there is a difference between the boxes to most consumers.
#16Lady_GweynPosted 1/27/2014 1:03:53 PM(edited)
Yuji_Ikaido posted...

Wrong. There are more than enough selling points with the consoles themselves and that's enough. A piece of hardware should be judged as a piece of hardware.

But when one company throws out billions of dollars to prevent the other guy from getting good titles, it means what could have otherwise been a superior product gets screwed over and so do the consumers.

Sure, it can be good news for the company to gain success with business tactics, but it is always bad news for the consumer. You want the best software you want on the product you want. These limits always hurt consumers.

Yes, if I'm Sony, I want to put my games on my competitors' hardware why? Microsoft doesn't have any exclusives that are worthwhile anymore. The only "exclusives" they get are the ones they pay EA and Bethseda for (exclusive DLC, DLC first, etc.)

So I should give Moneysoft a dozen or so really good first party titles so I can get generic EPIC scifi shooter #2434 in Gears of War and Halo? All because there's some consumers out there who want everything but don't want to pay for it?

I bet you're the guy who wants all of his games to be exactly the same and play exactly the same, right?
---
PSN: Megistrus
#17Deja-EntenduPosted 1/27/2014 1:03:14 PM
Yuji_Ikaido posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
Or just buy the console with the games you like. It's a selling point for the consoles they aren't going anywhere.

Because that means people are going to have to buy a console they don't want and needlessly spend more money than they have to.

Edit: also some people don't have that kind of money and just end up missing out.

Sucks for them, doesn't it
---
bettr than u deal w/ it
#18RoxasANobodyPosted 1/27/2014 1:03:34 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Sorry I don't speak idiot.

Your tears are delicious.
---
Girl's Day - Month of Yura - http://tinyurl.com/mqvl67r (GIF)
Currently playing: FIFA 14, F1 2013, GT6, TLoU, and J&D HD Collection
#19JerichoDarkstarPosted 1/27/2014 1:09:53 PM(edited)
Yuji_Ikaido posted...

While I agree that the consoles should be judged on the hardware, you can't throw away exclusitivity. At the core, if all games were multiplat, besides a few bells and whistles, all consoles would be the same. Gaming consoles should be judged on how well they play games, i.e; their major purpose. Without exclusives, consoles really wouldn't have much to offer anyone except better looking multiplat

That really doesn't happen that way. Most exclusives come from studios owned by Sony/ Microsoft/ Nintendo. Very, very rarely do you see anyone throwing money around to keep exclusitivity. Example, Naughty Dog is owned by Sony. It's not like Sony is paying themselves to keep Uncharted/ TLoU exclusive.

Honestly, no. Exclusives drive quality, or at least they should. Keeping Microsoft out of this until they realize exclusives are important, look at Sony and Nintendo. They have (for the most part) quality exclusives that define them. They give people a reason to keep coming back to them and not someone else (i.e; another system or mobile gaming). Ergo, the competition of exclusives frequently makes them upping the quality on their games. With an endless cycle of competition, it truly forges exclusives to get better and better. When exclusives get better, multiplats have to keep up to and vice versa.

Gaming just wouldn't be gaming without exclusives. You really don't want to see a world without them.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
Cloud Strife of the PS4 Board // PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#20Yuji_Ikaido(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 1:09:26 PM
Wow you people are insane. You have been so completely brainwashed into thinking that it;s somehow good news to be screwed over in order to benefit publishers.

You guys are the reason this meme has so much truth: http://imgur.com/dEADTkZ
Pretty perfect way to describe console fanboys.