Tomb Raider worth it if I have the PS3 version?

#1plus1zeroPosted 1/27/2014 8:38:18 PM
I actually got the collector's edition from amazon warehouse a couple weeks ago for $6.50 and had a gift code so it ended up being like 1.50

However the new one looks like it would be better based on graphics alone. Is it worth trying to sell the CE for 15-20 bucks and paying $40 for the new one or will I enjoy the PS3 version just as much?
#2DougyBPosted 1/27/2014 8:45:21 PM(edited)
How large of a disposable income do you have? Are you interested in paying $60 for a prettier version of something you got for a buck fifty?

To me that sounds like insanity but to each his own.
---
b
#3__starsnostarsPosted 1/27/2014 8:44:34 PM
If you liked the game and you have nothing better to spend your money on than sure, it's worth it.
You're going from the worst version to arguably the best version of the game.
#4plus1zero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 8:49:22 PM
DougyB posted...
How large of a disposable income do you have? Are you interested in paying $60 for a prettier version of something you got for a buck fifty?

To me that sounds like insanity but to each his own.

I have enough disposable income, but I don't blow money usually. I didn't know if it was a night and day difference. For example, Battlefield 4 on PS4 is worth $60 more than the PS3 version as it looks infinitely better and plays infinitely better.

Something like Ghosts or Assassin's creed though? I'd rather pay 1.50 and use the PS3 version I think if I was just going to do SP only.
#5__starsnostarsPosted 1/27/2014 8:51:20 PM
If you haven't played it at all then yes, you probably should upgrade to the ps4 version.
#6plus1zero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 9:00:41 PM
__starsnostars posted...
If you liked the game and you have nothing better to spend your money on than sure, it's worth it.
You're going from the worst version to arguably the best version of the game.

I haven't played it yet
#7sonicfan11589Posted 1/27/2014 9:01:48 PM
I have the PS3 version and i bought the PS4 version with NO REGRETS, LOVING the frame rate and graphics upgrade, and i'm even enjoying the multiplayer even more. It's a GREAT GAME, the voice acting is some of, if not the BEST voice work i have heard in a video game.
#8digger2003Posted 1/28/2014 2:11:18 AM
I also have it for the PS3 and like you I picked it up cheaply. I played a little bit into the game but once I heard about this version coming out I stopped playing it to wait for the PS4 version, so will be buying it again for sure.

Also, for what its worth, I was really enjoying the game. The main reason I stopped playing was to try another game from my huge pile of back log PS3 games that wont be available later on the PS4.
#9sjc1279Posted 1/28/2014 2:33:30 AM
When I was watching ps4/x1 comparison video on pc, I couldn't see the difference between the two. Later on I turned on my ps4 and started ign app. They had same ps4/x1 comparison video onthe app and I tried watching it on my tv using ps4 and it was clear. 60fps does make difference and now I want all games to be 60fps. lol You guys should try watching the comparison video on your ps4, if you want to see the difference of 30fps and 60fps.
---
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
#10FoppePosted 1/28/2014 3:43:45 AM
sjc1279 posted...
When I was watching ps4/x1 comparison video on pc, I couldn't see the difference between the two.

Did you see it on Youtube?
Because Youtube lock all their videos to 30 fps.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC