How long exactly is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes?

#11doofy102Posted 2/1/2014 5:45:54 AM
prozac786 posted...
RussellGorall posted...
prozac786 posted...
Longer and bigger than EVERY other MGS game ever released in the past, which people happily paid $60 for, Day 1.

Not as long as MGS V Phantom Pain.

People just crying for no reason.

I think it is more of a legit question, as the game is pretty pricey and probably takes up a lot less time than the catalog...

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/search.php?t=games&s=metal+gear+solid

If it takes up more than ten hours that is a lot of conversations with snipers in bikinis.

At forty dollars as a prequel it is going to be a pretty strong investment from a developer that hasn't really put anything out since 2008. Many just see it as an odd cashgrab, even MGS fans.

Ground Zeroes as it is, is actually bigger than all past MGS games.

It was announced ages ago and was previously assumed to be a game of it's own, not tied to MGS V.

At that time it was stated to be a PS3 only release (PS4 console hadn't even been announced then) and people were looking forward to it, willing to pay the full $60.

However, in the past year, Kojima has said it will be a prequel, leading up to the events of MGS V.

It is still exactly the SAME game as before, when it was thought to be PS3 only and people were willing then to pay $60.

Still the SAME game now. But because of that one sentence, because Kojima said "prequel", people are crying about it so much and having nervous breakdowns over the game being priced even at $40 looool

The stupidity of these people knows no bounds. Had he not said this is a prequel, and released the SAME game as a stand alone, all of these crying people would be flocking to buy it Day 1, at $60.

Back before we knew what Phantom Pain was, it was assumed that Ground Zeroes contained much more than just one area to play around in. Even Kojima said, "You can take the helicopter to different countries." But that's not true, all we have is that one base. This is why it sucks.
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/
#12prozac786Posted 2/1/2014 6:13:19 AM
doofy102 posted...
prozac786 posted...
RussellGorall posted...
prozac786 posted...
Longer and bigger than EVERY other MGS game ever released in the past, which people happily paid $60 for, Day 1.

Not as long as MGS V Phantom Pain.

People just crying for no reason.

I think it is more of a legit question, as the game is pretty pricey and probably takes up a lot less time than the catalog...

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/search.php?t=games&s=metal+gear+solid

If it takes up more than ten hours that is a lot of conversations with snipers in bikinis.

At forty dollars as a prequel it is going to be a pretty strong investment from a developer that hasn't really put anything out since 2008. Many just see it as an odd cashgrab, even MGS fans.

Ground Zeroes as it is, is actually bigger than all past MGS games.

It was announced ages ago and was previously assumed to be a game of it's own, not tied to MGS V.

At that time it was stated to be a PS3 only release (PS4 console hadn't even been announced then) and people were looking forward to it, willing to pay the full $60.

However, in the past year, Kojima has said it will be a prequel, leading up to the events of MGS V.

It is still exactly the SAME game as before, when it was thought to be PS3 only and people were willing then to pay $60.

Still the SAME game now. But because of that one sentence, because Kojima said "prequel", people are crying about it so much and having nervous breakdowns over the game being priced even at $40 looool

The stupidity of these people knows no bounds. Had he not said this is a prequel, and released the SAME game as a stand alone, all of these crying people would be flocking to buy it Day 1, at $60.

Back before we knew what Phantom Pain was, it was assumed that Ground Zeroes contained much more than just one area to play around in. Even Kojima said, "You can take the helicopter to different countries." But that's not true, all we have is that one base. This is why it sucks.

Whatever we had before is what we have now. Nothing was taken out or removed. It's an openworld game, so of course we have just one big area to explore, just like any other openworld game. That's the whole point of open world, one huge area.

People are seeing the word "one" and freaking out. But like I said before, it is the same game as it originally was, nothing has been taken out or removed, in fact more content has been added since it has had more development time.
---
PSN Prozac786
#13LaManoNeraIIPosted 2/3/2014 8:24:42 PM
Kojima refers to it specifically as a "tutorial" to MGS5. It really is only one mission with side missions and hidden ones. Though how much content that is, we don't know yet.

MGR could be beaten in 5 hours or less but I got more than my money's worth out of it. The demo of MGS2 also gave me a lot of entertainment. But I'm still a bit hesitant about GZ. $40 is a lot of money for a product of its description
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#14Kaizoku_OuPosted 2/3/2014 9:44:44 PM
I'd guess like the Half Life 2 episodes.
---
<><><><><><><>