How does party chat work?

#1Tatsumaki7Posted 2/5/2014 7:37:12 PM
I have having trouble deciphering the meanings of the icons.
You got two categories: current chat and current volume with 2 settings each. So you got talk to the party only or talk to the game only? and listen to the game AND Party OR listen to the party only? Is that it? So if I am in a party but I want to hear the chat in the game AND the chat in the party, can I? is that what "Volume normal" is? because the other is prioritize party? I don't know
---
GamerTag:GodGun7
PSN: Tatsumaki7
#2Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/5/2014 8:17:21 PM
From what I understand:

Party chat is a way for you and friends to chat separate from gameplay. So no one in the game should hear you and your friends.

Haven't used it, but maybe that'll help you figure it out?
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#3Tatsumaki7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 8:42:10 PM
well at one point I was messing with the options and my friend was not able to hear me but I think the other players were able to. So I think you can change who you are talking to? But then your party cant hear you?
---
#4Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/5/2014 8:56:01 PM
That would make sense.

Sometimes you do actually want to chat with the people in the game and not bother your friends if they're playing another game. Other times you want to talk to your friends and not have the people in the game hear you.

That's the point of Party Chat. In MAG we would sometimes get a group of guys in our squad that were just talking to each other constantly and not about the game.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#5SilentNova777Posted 2/5/2014 9:02:53 PM
The Vita can have separate rooms and I believe the 360 could as well. So you might have switched rooms as a possibility. That means you could switch who you were talking to with ease. Also you can mute who you want and all of that good stuff.
---
PSN: SilentNova XBox Live:SilentNova777 Wii:7762-0631-5048-5334 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom:2450-6027-0846/S.Nova
#6Tatsumaki7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2014 5:23:08 AM
Is there a way to hear everyone (party and game) but only talk to the party? Or is it only one or the other?
---
#7w3inerschnitzelPosted 2/8/2014 6:05:57 AM
Tatsumaki7 posted...
Is there a way to hear everyone (party and game) but only talk to the party? Or is it only one or the other?

While playing Battlefield, I can hear my party and only talk to my party, but can sometimes hear other squad members through the game that are not in my party.

My settings are:

Current Chat Audio: Party
Current Volume: Prioritze Party

I don't think being in party chat automatically mutes everyone in the game, just disallows you to speak to them unless you change the Current Chat Audio to Game, however, then you probably won't be able to hear the people in your party.
---
nosig