Let's humour the haters and pretend PS4 doesn't and won't have any exclusives!

#1YouMirinPosted 2/7/2014 12:07:35 AM
We all know the PS consoles always get great exclusives, but let's pretend it won't get any.

Multiplats comprise about 90% of the games we get now. Isn't it a bigger problem for the competition when the PS4 is more powerful, cheaper, is considered to have the better controller, and is getting the better multiplat versions?

Hell, forget everything and focus on price, and pretend controllers and how the games run are equal across the board. Wouldn't you want the cheaper system for the same games?

And this is without factoring in the better premium subscription for online, what with all the games PS+ gets.
#2teh1337gosuPosted 2/7/2014 12:15:47 AM
Who are you fighting here exactly?
---
Yvan eht nioj
#3YouMirin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 12:17:14 AM
Just seen various comments across the internet saying the PS4 "got no games" and got none coming either.

Just wanted to point out that it seems even if that were the case, it wouldn't matter because 90% of games are multiplats and PS4 would still be the better deal.
#4FoppePosted 2/7/2014 12:19:02 AM
It already got 36 games.
And at the end of next month, it's supposed to have another 17 games.
That's pretty much a bigger library than any other launch consoles I can remember.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5YouMirin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 12:20:16 AM
Foppe posted...
It already got 36 games.
And at the end of next month, it's supposed to have another 17 games.
That's pretty much a bigger library than any other launch consoles I can remember.

Yup, exactly.

And of all those games, whatever run on other consoles, I bet the PS4 runs them just as well if not better, and was the cheaper package. What more does one want?
#6Garage_ManPosted 2/7/2014 12:20:18 AM
Yes I think we all know the ps4 is going to dominate this gen. It already has a 1.5 whatever million lead and that isn't like a small number. The gap will widen over the next year...these are facts, why bother.

We already know exclusives look better and as time goes on it's just going to look better. Lots of ppl argue that they don't know how to use the Xbox one yet, completely forgetting the ps4 has untapped power too.

Anyways nice troll post, it got me.
#7YouMirin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 12:21:52 AM
Garage_Man posted...
Anyways nice troll post, it got me.

The rest of your post was good, but what's this all about? How am I trolling?
#8FoppePosted 2/7/2014 12:29:17 AM
Garage_Man posted...
Yes I think we all know the ps4 is going to dominate this gen. It already has a 1.5 whatever million lead and that isn't like a small number. The gap will widen over the next year...these are facts, why bother.

We already know exclusives look better and as time goes on it's just going to look better. Lots of ppl argue that they don't know how to use the Xbox one yet, completely forgetting the ps4 has untapped power too.

This is also true.
Both consoles have untapped powers, it's just that the PS4 will have more to use.
That said, both consoles will have their own share of great exclusives in the future.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9RingsOfUranusPosted 2/7/2014 4:43:29 AM
YouMirin posted...
We all know the PS consoles always get great exclusives, but let's pretend it won't get any.

Multiplats comprise about 90% of the games we get now. Isn't it a bigger problem for the competition when the PS4 is more powerful, cheaper, is considered to have the better controller, and is getting the better multiplat versions?

Hell, forget everything and focus on price, and pretend controllers and how the games run are equal across the board. Wouldn't you want the cheaper system for the same games?

And this is without factoring in the better premium subscription for online, what with all the games PS+ gets.

You're right. Except the PS4 doesn't have any AAA blockbuster games, or much of anything outside indie store games and some last gen do-overs. Not that I would expect it to at this stage of its life but it's true none the less. Everything else is true. This is definitely the gen of the multiplats and the PS4 does them better. Besides, we all know Microsoft will cease exclusive support in a year, just like they've done twice before.
---
Official Gengar of the Pokemon X board
"I'm excited to see what don't has for the ps4" -HomieKnockout
#10YouMirin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 7:37:50 PM
RingsOfUranus posted...
You're right. Except the PS4 doesn't have any AAA blockbuster games, or much of anything outside indie store games and some last gen do-overs. Not that I would expect it to at this stage of its life but it's true none the less. Everything else is true. This is definitely the gen of the multiplats and the PS4 does them better. Besides, we all know Microsoft will cease exclusive support in a year, just like they've done twice before.

This is why I cannot believe the amount of people with short memories.

I remember early on last gen, a certain PS3 board filled with, "LOL PS3 got no games" posts, and the exclusives it did have like FF XIII, DMC4 and Assassin's Creed all jumped ship, and the 360 generally had very nice exclusives.

We all know the eventuality of that situation; PS3 got a mind-shatteringly awesome library, and all those 360 exclusives that were rubbed in PS3 fans' faces like Mass Effect, BioShock, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc, all made their way to the PS3.

Same situation will apply here. In a year, especially now the Xbox console is lagging way behind in popularity, the X1 exclusives will dry up and we'll get our usual onslaught of PlayStation exclusives.

Only this time, while that happens, the PS4 has all the bragging rights when it comes to just "games", since they all run better on the PS4, which is cheaper, is thought to have the better controller, and the same premium online but with better free games.

It's like all the stars are aligning for this iteration of PlayStation.