Know what resident evil 7 if made on ps4 needs? Complete Full Body Destruction!

#1knightimexPosted 2/10/2014 6:38:04 AM
Ps4 can allow a game like Resident evil to go beyond what was possible for ps3 and Xbox 360 while keeping a high level of quality.

What I mean by complete full body destruction is anything on the body can be removed by damage.
Blowing an enemy's foot off makes it either very hard to stand up, or makes them move much much slower.

Blowing the arms off an enemy will mean that they can't grab you, and if they have heavily damaged limbs then their melee attacks will be weaker.

Gone should be the days of enemies feeling fantastic before they take that 30th bullet to the chest., then die right after.

This could bring survival horror back in a new way.
Blowing body parts has been done before, but to me it felt\looked cheap and half assed.

Also to satisfy everyone capcom could easily make a setting that enables slow dull gameplay like traditional resident evil, or more fast paced like the newer titles.

All it would do is rearrange enemy\item layout, and change stats.

But knowing Capcom, they'll ignore every amazing idea sent their way and screw something up.
I guess coding, and drawing doesn't require common sense....
*shrugs*
---
X from the Y simulator meme.
I will create.
#2Darth_BanePosted 2/10/2014 7:46:52 AM
They need to bring back the feeling of Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3 had and mix it with gameplay from 4 and 5...basically go back to the drawing board and make a game that plays like 4 and 5 with puzzles and creepiness in the original first 3. Also zombies...
---
"I'm Straight Edge and that means I'm better than you!!" C.M. Punk
PSN: DarthBane24 | X-Box Gamertag:PizzaTheHutt24
#3knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 8:06:58 AM(edited)
To stay with canon, zombies were just a poor side effect of early progress.
BOWs are intended to be FAR more advanced than simple weak alpha zombies.
---
I will create.
#4twinspectrePosted 2/10/2014 8:13:18 AM
Resident Evil need to follow its roots (1,2 and 3)
---
My PSN : twinspectre [The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.]
#5knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 8:15:38 AM
twinspectre posted...
Resident Evil need to follow its roots (1,2 and 3)

It also needs to evolve and not be a boring run past the enemy simulator.
If I can't blow the enemy away, I might as well not even push start to play.
---
I will create.
#6Dark__ThronePosted 2/10/2014 8:29:20 AM
I've given up on RE so I couldn't care less what they decide to do RE7.
---
"When it's cold and when it's dark..... The Freezing Moon can sometimes obsess you....." -Per "Dead" Ohlin
#7Stouffer1Posted 2/10/2014 8:31:37 AM
They just need to do remake 2. They'll sell millions.

But you have high hopes. This is a company who used the same animations from gcn to ps3, they've ruined resi with 4 onwards.

And I agree, bows sucks. Give me zombies any day of the week.
#8knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 9:53:42 AM
Stouffer1 posted...
They just need to do remake 2. They'll sell millions.

But you have high hopes. This is a company who used the same animations from gcn to ps3, they've ruined resi with 4 onwards.

And I agree, bows sucks. Give me zombies any day of the week.

Resident Evil has always been about bio terrorism.
Zombies just happened to be stage one.

Read the books man!
---
I will create.
#9barf_syndromePosted 2/10/2014 9:59:30 AM
It needs to be made by a different developer.
---
Intel Pentium 4 @ 1.7ghz | 512MB Generic PC-2100 Ram | Geforce 4400Ti @ 275mhz | Seagate 20GB | Antec 350W
#10Deja-EntenduPosted 2/10/2014 10:02:10 AM
Darth_Bane posted...
They need to bring back the feeling of Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3 had and mix it with gameplay from 4 and 5...basically go back to the drawing board and make a game that plays like 4 and 5 with puzzles and creepiness in the original first 3. Also zombies...

I've been saying they should make a hybrid for a while now

But I wouldn't mind another game like RE6. Honestly, it's probably the fourth best RE. I just wish there was a bit less QTEs and more exploration.
---
bettr than u deal w/ it
Tune of the week: Metronome Arthritis- At the Drive In http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh1bjO8QcpY