Man, I can't stop playing Warframe!

#1Still__RippinPosted 2/10/2014 11:51:02 AM
The first day I played this game I promptly deleted it. The camera when you used your sword was awful amongst other things. But, my friend kept pestering me to give it a second chance and boy am I glad I did. I've played a lot of free to play games(ogame, torn city, etc) so the whole wait real time for things is not unusual to me. The game is NOT pay to win. Everything but vanity items can be earned without using real cash. The planets are varied enough in decor and enemies to keep things fresh so far(on Venus boss fight currently) and it really is just plain fun. I urge everyone to give it a shot!
---
You don't understand then. That you can hurt someone so badly they never recover. That a person can, just by living, damage another human being beyond repair.
#2TerantatekPosted 2/10/2014 11:54:45 AM
Characters move too fast, feels floaty. Everyone who plays the game rushes like there's a time limit. That's never fun, the longer the better. (Giggity)

I feel like I need to say it again.. everyone is too quick. Slow down and enjoy the game don't bumrush it.
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#3MercuryPSPPosted 2/10/2014 11:57:29 AM
Did the same thing, tried it for about an hour when I got my PS3....didnt like it and moved on. Month later bored, Warframe gets an update, what the hell lets try again. In the past two weeks ive put over 100 hours into it and im still hooked and grinding for items. You literally dont have to buy anything but space for more warframes or weapons if you want to keep a collection. Best free to play model ive ever seen, I bought some platinum just to support the developers. Well and for my perty scarves ;)
---
http://bf4stats.com/ps4/MercuryEQ
#4Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 11:58:45 AM
Terantatek posted...
Characters move too fast, feels floaty. Everyone who plays the game rushes like there's a time limit. That's never fun, the longer the better. (Giggity)

I feel like I need to say it again.. everyone is too quick. Slow down and enjoy the game don't bumrush it.

Well, I think what you are referring to is strategy. Often times if people take too long someone will run out of ammo. Or perhaps they are doing a mission where they need to carry the database and can only use their pistol. Some of the missions do have a time limit lol. Also, a lot of times if you don't move toward the objective enemies will just keep coming which again is hard on your ammo supply. The random people I've encountered are usually good players. Sticking in groups and reviving people. Only person I saw not playing well was some guy trying to use a Bow on a defense mission lol.
---
You don't understand then. That you can hurt someone so badly they never recover. That a person can, just by living, damage another human being beyond repair.
#5MGRRevengeancePosted 2/10/2014 11:59:15 AM
I'm hooked as well. Add my psn so we can play?
---
PSN: XxAkthugxX
#6MercuryPSPPosted 2/10/2014 12:02:43 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Terantatek posted...

Well, I think what you are referring to is strategy. Often times if people take too long someone will run out of ammo. Or perhaps they are doing a mission where they need to carry the database and can only use their pistol. Some of the missions do have a time limit lol. Also, a lot of times if you don't move toward the objective enemies will just keep coming which again is hard on your ammo supply. The random people I've encountered are usually good players. Sticking in groups and reviving people. Only person I saw not playing well was some guy trying to use a Bow on a defense mission lol.

Ummm bows are awesome. I love using the dread, especially on defense with vauban. One shot anything, did 13k dmg to an ancient last night in am ODD.
---
http://bf4stats.com/ps4/MercuryEQ
#7TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 2/10/2014 12:03:28 PM
Terantatek posted...

This is exactly why I didn't like it. I don't see how so many people are addicted to it.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#8HelmesSeiferPosted 2/10/2014 12:29:45 PM
Same here! I don't know how this game doesn't get talked about more. I understand the F2P model scares some people off, but it is definitely not Pay to Win.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#9bob15xPosted 2/10/2014 12:36:15 PM
I find its good to play if you want to pass 30 minutes or so. I can't play more than one mission at a time and tend to play solo.

I am not going to invest too much time in it. While you can get everything in the game, I think the time to get those things are way way to long and too grindy. So they can coax people into paying the stupid high prices in their marketplace. Amazes me people will pay $100 for a couple of weapons and a frame.

other than that, its a good time waster and its helping me get use to the ds4 controller. I just wish they do something about the screen tearing. Does Vsync not work on the tv?
#10platelampPosted 2/10/2014 12:40:13 PM
Its OK. I can't get into it. Kinda boring. A little easy too