Why is PS4 (considered to be) better than the Xbox one?

#1Axedude87Posted 2/11/2014 3:17:47 PM
Ok, so I have neither console yet, but own an xbox 360, whilst I have never played a PS3, I am open minded to both consoles and am undecided on which next gen to get.

From what ive seen/heard/reviews/friend reccomendations the PS4 is so much better than the one, So what I want to know is, what is it that makes the PS4 so much better? Bear in mind I have played neither console yet so I dont know what each console brings to the table.
---
"Success is a journey, not a destination" -- Ben Sweetland
#2Omega_BlackPosted 2/11/2014 3:21:12 PM
Cheaper.
Consistent message from Sony has been a stronger focus on games.
Factually better hardware.
No attempted implementation of then hurried backpedaling on unpopular policies.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#3liam_000Posted 2/11/2014 3:21:57 PM
Better hardware for a cheaper price. In too tired to go into depth but that's pretty much the gist of it.
---
PSN - OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#4BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/11/2014 3:23:06 PM
Marketing+ the existing Sony fans=

the results youre speaking of. I am sure the PS4/X1/WiiU/Vita/3DS will all be good.
---
Greatness comes from within
#5originalselfPosted 2/11/2014 3:24:48 PM
Better price plus multi-plat games work better.
#6crucialPosted 2/11/2014 3:30:57 PM
Right now nothing BUT,once Stream comes and Infamous and Order 1886 it will all change,right now if you want games I would ether stick with the 360 or get a X1 since Garden Warfare and Titanfall are coming real soon then later on Sunset Overdrive and Halo will be here at the end of the year.

PS4 next year will be king for sure and next year Wii U should be getting the next Zelda and maybe Metroid,get all three but PS4 is a dust collector right now,all three are going to rock by next year but are pretty sad right now.
#7SmoshCuchPosted 2/11/2014 3:41:45 PM
It's not that PS4 will be "so much better" than XB1. In the end, they'll both be good, and play largely the same games.

But PS4:
-stronger hardware-wise, and we're already seeing some games perform better on PS4, which is a reversal from last gen
-cheaper
-depending on your taste in games, a lot of people think that PS generally has more good first-party games
-no Kinect, which many don't care about, or flat-out dislike
-doesn't require online for anything other than MP gaming
-gives free games with the subscription

XB1:
-probably still has the better online system, at least as far as features and reliability, but not by as much as last gen
-has a more popular controller (even though I personally prefer the DualShock)
#8Miiri0Posted 2/11/2014 3:46:00 PM
Ps4 is Cheaper than X1

Ps4 is Stronger than X1. All multiplat always run better on ps4.

Ps+.
#9renegadeseraphPosted 2/11/2014 3:59:18 PM
Axedude87 posted...
Ok, so I have neither console yet, but own an xbox 360, whilst I have never played a PS3, I am open minded to both consoles and am undecided on which next gen to get.

From what ive seen/heard/reviews/friend reccomendations the PS4 is so much better than the one, So what I want to know is, what is it that makes the PS4 so much better? Bear in mind I have played neither console yet so I dont know what each console brings to the table.

It's all about who gives us more/better games... Sony always holds the number 1 spot when it comes to that...
---
~Living is easy with Eyes Closed~
#10Enigma149Posted 2/11/2014 4:07:06 PM
The PS4 is cheaper than the Xbox One (mostly due to the lack of Kinect, which is certainly something you should consider in your purchase) and more powerful, though the degree of this is probably overblown.

There are other advantages each system has - for example, the PS4 allows you to switch your hard drive, while the Xbox One does not, while many people prefer the Xbox One's controller. IMO, the most of the advantages the PS3 had don't apply this generation (the biggest being free online play), which is why I'm looking at an Xbox One and didn't immediately buy a PS4 on launch day.

It should come down to which system's games you prefer. Right now, the Xbox One has the stronger library, although bear in mind this isn't saying much. Look up the PS3 and 360 exclusives to get an idea of what to expect.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0