I think it's time for me to trade my PS4 in.

#21CharadeSmithPosted 2/19/2014 7:34:43 PM
Lol. Serious topic he says.
#22slyman19Posted 2/19/2014 7:39:08 PM
krillens posted...
sony is at the RISK of going bankrupt

bankrupt =/= the company dieing.. learn to google children

but, for fun, lets say sony DID go bankrupt.. and lets say bankruptcy laws do not apply, and sony "died"

playstation would live on. its a very profitable sector. more than likely.. sony would spin off the playstation division as its own separate entity.

worst case, someone will buy it.. and continue its legacy.

does that answer your quest?

The PlayStation division has very low profit margins. No way could it survive on it`s own.
#23nbjjagoPosted 2/19/2014 7:47:24 PM
there is rumours of Steam coming out with their own console soon.

it's going to be like a high end pc and x10 more powerful than ps4.. obviously can only be used for steam games but sounds interesting. Maybe this is the future?
#24GeminiX7Posted 2/19/2014 7:53:11 PM
nbjjago posted...
there is rumours of Steam coming out with their own console soon.

it's going to be like a high end pc and x10 more powerful than ps4.. obviously can only be used for steam games but sounds interesting. Maybe this is the future?

The comparably priced(to consoles) are so low end as far as PCs go that you'd be better off building a PC. The high end ones are ridiculously priced(thousands to tens of thousands). I'd pass on the Steam Machines as well, build a PC, and just wait till consoles are cheaper.

That is, I'd say all that if this clearly wasn't a baiting topic.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#25Golden MavenPosted 2/19/2014 7:59:05 PM
Homie_202 posted...
Well of you are worried about that don't go xbox. The board is putting ALOT of pressure int he new CEO to shut down the Xbox division. Also Nintendo isn't doing so great. So if I were you and u are worried about that I would just stop gaming. Because none of the 3 companies are in good shape as far as games go.

Lol clueless
#26Homie_202Posted 2/19/2014 8:58:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27krillensPosted 2/20/2014 5:38:48 AM
slyman19 posted...
krillens posted...
sony is at the RISK of going bankrupt

bankrupt =/= the company dieing.. learn to google children

but, for fun, lets say sony DID go bankrupt.. and lets say bankruptcy laws do not apply, and sony "died"

playstation would live on. its a very profitable sector. more than likely.. sony would spin off the playstation division as its own separate entity.

worst case, someone will buy it.. and continue its legacy.

does that answer your quest?

The PlayStation division has very low profit margins. No way could it survive on it`s own.

keyword profit

lets not neglect to factor in that overheads will go down

and the best part? R&D will plummet for the time being until the next playstation's development is in full swing
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD
PS4 | Wii U | 3DS
#28Pharsti01Posted 2/20/2014 5:54:24 AM
MiniMikeAwesome posted...
Forbes released an article yesterday about how Sony is likely going bankrupt & how the console market really isn't suitable for a company who is losing money every year. Sony had lost money every year up until 2013, where it barely made a profit.

What system should I get, the Xbox One or the Wii U? No trolls please, this is a serious topic.

Well then, this is kinda impossible to be a serious topic when you start with that now can it.

But ill bite! Im bored.... get an ipad, they make money.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#29BoneRevolutionPosted 2/20/2014 6:06:57 AM
Unless you love Mario Kart (which is a great franchise) you should get the Xbox.

Not because of power and stuff, it's just the WiiU lack of games - hell, how still stands without 3rd party support Is beyond me.

As for the Xbox One, the future is bright...bright and upscaled to 1080p.
#30BlackFeathersPosted 2/20/2014 6:18:27 AM
MiniMikeAwesome posted...
Forbes released an article yesterday about how Sony is likely going bankrupt & how the console market really isn't suitable for a company who is losing money every year. Sony had lost money every year up until 2013, where it barely made a profit.

What system should I get, the Xbox One or the Wii U? No trolls please, this is a serious topic.

Please trade your ps4 in. Someone as dumb as you does not deserve one... :/
---
NP:Killzone:Shadowfall, Lego Marvel & Warframe!